Sign in with
Your question

Need Advice. Looking for the "best" AMD AM3 gaming Motherboard.

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Gaming
  • AMD
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
January 2, 2011 5:43:55 PM

So all i need now for my build is a gaming Mobo. Im looking for the best one out there.

I do plan on crossfiring in the future,

My Processor is AMD x4 Black @ 3.6 GHZ

details:

so im looking for the best gaming Motherboard for my AMD and money is not an issue, although if you have a fav that you think is a bang for buck post it anyhow.

Other thoughts.

I do have 4GB G.Skill 1600
AMD HD 6950 2GB (HIS)
XFX 650W SLI and Crossfire Ready Power supply

More about : advice amd am3 gaming motherboard

January 2, 2011 5:55:55 PM

Basicly by Best i mean, the motherbaord which as best features for gaming, and such. As for Price like i said price isnt an issue I just want a heads up on what is one or many of the best gaming motherboards.
m
l
Related resources
January 2, 2011 6:20:26 PM

asus crosshair formula best out there.
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 2, 2011 6:21:26 PM

The link above has the top (3) period. The ASUS Crosshair IV is the best AM3 MOBOs, and the difference between the two is the number of CF GPUs Formula (3-WAY) and Extreme (4-WAY).

I recently built the ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme with a 4-WAY CF. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/282593-30-build-pheno...
m
l
January 2, 2011 11:10:44 PM

cool i have the formula and love it to death but im probly going intel this year unless amd really picks up there game.
m
l
August 20, 2012 12:36:45 AM

smokeymicpot42 said:
asus crosshair formula best out there.

you got it! Goin' for Crosshair V and and 8150 bulldozer.. it'll do good for a bit. Thinkin' about gettin' it an aquarium full of cooking oil (remove all moving parts)..... figure it'll last 10+ yrs if cooled...with 8 cores and a max of 32 GB of ram, it should do the trick.. noticed vid of peeps over clockin' to 8.. shizz.. What more do ya' need! I don't overclock though.. just stock. Can only imagine what my desktop would look like with 6 monitors.. I'm not rich though. I'm good with a couple monitors. I've got my reasons for AMD over Intel.. props to ya', AMD! I'm stoked to get this rig up and running!!
m
l
!