Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 interenet connection problem

Last response: in Systems
April 21, 2010 8:44:37 PM

Hello,
I installed Windows 7 Pro 64bit on a 2 year old computer with a Gigabyte EP45-DS3R motherboard and an Intel Quad Q9450 - on a new hard drive. I have actually installed a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit as an upgrade from a Windows XP Pro also on this computer.
Every time I turn off the computer, I lost internet connection. The only way to get it back is to turn off the computer, unplug my ethernet cable, let it boot up completely, and then plug the ethernet cable back in. Then everything works! And this happened on both of my Windows 7 installation.
Any idea how I can solve this problem?

PT - Houston, TX

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b $ Windows 7
April 21, 2010 8:49:49 PM

We have a networking section of the forum that would probably be a better place to ask your question. My first thought would be that you haven't installed the most recent driver for your network card.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 21, 2010 8:54:29 PM

I would have said check driver as well. Did you fresh install win7?
Is that a legit copy?

Had to ask, win7 ultimate 64 on an older quad core...
m
l
Related resources
April 21, 2010 8:59:26 PM

Yes, I fresh installed the Win 7 Professional; on the Win7 ultimate 64, it was an upgrade from a XP pro. I will check on getting a new driver for the network card.

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to built a completely new system - my chip is supposed to work on 64
m
l
April 21, 2010 9:01:36 PM

And yes, they were both legit copies.
m
l
May 1, 2010 1:47:07 AM

Finally figured out the root of my problem by process of elimination. The problem disappeared after I uninstall the Photoshop and Acrobat CS3 from my computer, apparently there is some internal conflict.
m
l
May 11, 2010 12:21:02 AM

Best answer selected by P T.
m
l
!