Wrong icon in Windows Explorer

I have a DVD/CD drive as my 'D' drive. But it is identified in Explorer as
'250 ZIP and has a ZIP Drive icon. It knows it is a DVD/CD drive (I checked
in device manager) and it will read/play/etc DVDs and CDs. I want to change
the icon and description to a CD drive icon and description. Thanks.

Louis

"LouisGL" <LouisGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a DVD/CD drive as my 'D' drive. But it is identified in Explorer as
>'250 ZIP and has a ZIP Drive icon. It knows it is a DVD/CD drive (I checked
>in device manager) and it will read/play/etc DVDs and CDs. I want to change
>the icon and description to a CD drive icon and description. Thanks.

Remove the device from the Device Manager. Restart Windows so that
bthe device is reinstalled.

--
(tm)