What is the best graphics card I can upgrade to? (laptop)

woodyhd

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
I have a dell inspiron 1720 17" laptop. I'll give you the specs you tell me what is the best video card I can upgrade to. I'd choose myself but I don't have a clue about laptop components. Please let me know if there is any information I should have included that I left out.

dsci0035m.jpg

dsci0034i.jpg

dsci0029b.jpg

dsci0026m.jpg

capturevm.png

motherboard.png

woodyhd

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Well was looking through dell and found the upgrade card they recommend just thought there might be a better. And I'm no "regular people" trying to do an upgrade. I just don't know anything about laptop comments.

mteeple

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Mmm for a newer video card your most likely just going to have to go with a new Laptop, as I'm pretty sure upgrading to a different video card will be very limited to say the least since it will have to be basically the same excat size as the previous card, otherwise you'll end up with cooling issues... So as Rolli said before it would probably be best just to call Dell up and ask if anything can be done

Let me re-phrase that:

We can't give you any advice with an specific video card, because we can't get a laptop video card on regular stores. Those are meant for Vendor only, not regular folks (like you and me), so the vendor itself might give you an option for upgrade.

Cheers!