Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 vs Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5

Last response: in CPUs
June 29, 2010 2:29:09 PM

Hi ! guys

Is there anyone who can help me out for this Gigabyte brainer :pt1cable:  between those 2 mobos . I didn't find anything on overclockersclub board. This computer will be used for 3 tasks :

- TV
- Encoding
- Vmware

Thanks for your time !!!!

PS: I'm not a pro but I'm not scared by any technical explanations ;)  so you can be be specific THANKS AGAIN
June 29, 2010 4:21:14 PM

cedment said:
Hi ! guys

Is there anyone who can help me out for this Gigabyte brainer :pt1cable:  between those 2 mobos [Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 vs Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 ] . I didn't find anything on overclockersclub board. This computer will be used for 3 tasks :

- TV
- Encoding
- Vmware

Thanks for your time !!!!

PS: I'm not a pro but I'm not scared by any technical explanations ;)  so you can be be specific THANKS AGAIN

a c 159 à CPUs
June 29, 2010 4:48:23 PM

Hi.

Why u would go with a "old" mobo for the same price that the new mobo with the new chipset?

The 890FXA-UD5 is a very solid mobo (I have one) but like all the mobos has some problems.

1- The RAM slots are very near to the socket and this can have some problems if u want install a CPU cooler.
2- The 90 degrees SATA are perfect but not for small and mid cases.
3- The blue color isn't the best for a High end mobo.
Related resources
June 29, 2010 5:23:32 PM

saint19 said:
Hi.

Why u would go with a "old" mobo for the same price that the new mobo with the new chipset?

The 890FXA-UD5 is a very solid mobo (I have one) but like all the mobos has some problems.

1- The RAM slots are very near to the socket and this can have some problems if u want install a CPU cooler.
2- The 90 degrees SATA are perfect but not for small and mid cases.
3- The blue color isn't the best for a High end mobo.

So to sum it !!! 4 u the 890FXA-UD5 is the way to go despite those small flaws ? I plan to add some Zalman CNPS9900 NT as CPU cooler and a buy big case.

Last question I saw that the 890FXA-UD5 only has 1 PCI slot compare to 3 slots for the 790FXTA-UD5 Does it bother you ?

THANKS A LOT
a c 159 à CPUs
June 29, 2010 6:04:54 PM

Yeah, with that mobo u can get a very solid rig with possibilities for upgrade the CPU to a x6 and the cooler isn't a problem

Do u really need 3 PCI slots?
June 29, 2010 6:20:51 PM

saint19 said:
Yeah, with that mobo u can get a very solid rig with possibilities for upgrade the CPU to a x6 and the cooler isn't a problem

Do u really need 3 PCI slots?

I plan to use one for the TV card and knowing that this computer will be essentially used for streaming and encoding I'm a bit scared to be short on pci slot ....

June 29, 2010 7:37:28 PM

saint19 said:
This ASUS MA489TD PRO/USB3

Damn !!! talking about some help :bounce:  That's what I'm talking thank you very much !!!!!
June 30, 2010 11:18:41 PM

Quote:
Save your money and get the Biostar 890FX

I didn't even know that brand :o  is it cool when it comes to overcloking ?
thanks for participating !!! I hope that will bring more good advices :D 
July 1, 2010 3:15:28 PM

Quote:
Cheapest 890FX board on the market today that holds 5 overclocking world records

Yeah ! I read some great reviews .....looks impressive !!! another mobo to add to my pre selection :sol:  thanks again !!
!