Long time reader first time poster!

Gaffer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Hi all,

I need some assistance with a problem manifesting itself on my home network. I have cable broadband here in the uk which is hooked up to a router which then 'routes' this connection to 3 pc's, 2 winxp machines and a win 2000.

Now the problem I seemto be having is that at random times 'Local Area Connection 10 disconnected' appears on my machine, dropping my connection and then it re-connects itself about 20 seconds later. This is happening on all the machines at the same time as if the router (Belkin 4-port) is re-setting itself or the connection.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this may be happening??

Thanks

Gaffer

Gaffer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
The router is only about 18 months old. Sorry but don't know what RMA is! But if you tell me I will try it!

Thanks

Gaffer

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Return Merchandise Authorization

It sounds like it's broken. You might have to go to the manufacturer, because at 18 months old I don't think the vendor you purchased it from will take it back.

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

Gaffer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Oh well if it is broken it gives me a good excuse to go and get one of those wireless routers so we don't have wires running all over the place!

Thanks

Gaz

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
thats what I like - positive thinking.

Like Arnold said last night, don't be economy girlymen

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

Gaffer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Can anyone think why a router would suddenly start acting strange??

We have this Belkin 4-port router and for some reason it randomly disconnects everyone then re-connects them, and occasionally just locks up completely so that you can't access any of the settings and you have to reset it. Also sometimes it seems to take ages to talk to my card and give me an ip address for the network.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behaviour??

Thanks

Gaz

goloap

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
I had similar problems with my d-link router (random disconnection) and after a while the power supply to the router died so maybe it is also a power supply problem?

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies