Selective startup for clean boot

bmchan

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004

I am attempting to do a clean boot to install software (Logitech
keyboard and mouse) on my Win XP machine (VPR Matrix). This is
recommended by Logitech for problematic installs.

Using the system config utility, I check selective startup and then
attempt to deselrct (uncheck) "Process WIN.INI File". It will not let
me uncheck it. The WIN.INI tab is empty.

Any thoughts on how to deselect WIN.INI?

Hi

See if the following article helps:

"How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310353

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Bmchan" <bmchan@spammmmcharter.net> wrote in message
>I am attempting to do a clean boot to install software (Logitech
> keyboard and mouse) on my Win XP machine (VPR Matrix). This is
> recommended by Logitech for problematic installs.
>
> Using the system config utility, I check selective startup and then
> attempt to deselrct (uncheck) "Process WIN.INI File". It will not let
> me uncheck it. The WIN.INI tab is empty.
>
> Any thoughts on how to deselect WIN.INI?

bmchan

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004

Thanks. I saw that but it does not tell me what to do if I cannot
clear the box.