Games crash when using GTX285 in SLi mode

Hello there..all my game (also PES2010) crash when i enable the SLi mode for my GTX285... i'd just upgraded my graphic card to the latest driver available but the problem still exist...

*if i disable SLi, the problem resolved..i can play all my game..

any idea to solve this problem??

thanks!!
12 answers Last reply
More about games crash gtx285 mode
  1. What's your power supply?
  2. Corsair TX 850W
  3. have you checked every card individually?

what are temps like?
  4. at idle : both card temp range from 55-65C

when i start game its about 65-80C for both graphic card..

is it normal temp for GTX285?? or too hot??

or any other problem maybe?
  5. SLI crashes are usually caused by a bad card, to little power, or to much heat. You should try each card one at a time, make sure you have enough amps on the 12V rail, and try to keep the temps down.
  6. 4745454b said:
    SLI crashes are usually caused by a bad card, to little power, or to much heat. You should try each card one at a time, make sure you have enough amps on the 12V rail, and try to keep the temps down.

ive read that it also may be cause by driver esp. version 196.75 : http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=12929&tag=bitly

i used the 196.21 version..

what do u mean by 12V rail?

average temp for GTX285 is about how much?? is it while playing game about 60-85C normal? or too high??
  7. I have 2 GTX 285's in SLI, and the cards can hit 80 C while playing certain games, no doubt about it, so your temperatures probably aren't causing you to crash. These cards are rated up to 105 C (not that I'd EVER want to see that temp!). And your power supply is high quality and should not be an issue either. I'd test the cards one at a time as your answer might be there. Put the cards in the first slot, one at a time, and run a torture test on them and look for errors. If no insight is gained there, then run them in SLI and do a torture test that way. It could also just be driver issues. I still to this day cannot play Fallout 3 using my cards in SLI, but they run everything else just fine.
  8. pes 2010 on a computer play it on consoles.Because better gameplay and it will work.
  9. rmmil978 said:
    I have 2 GTX 285's in SLI, and the cards can hit 80 C while playing certain games, no doubt about it, so your temperatures probably aren't causing you to crash. These cards are rated up to 105 C (not that I'd EVER want to see that temp!). And your power supply is high quality and should not be an issue either. I'd test the cards one at a time as your answer might be there. Put the cards in the first slot, one at a time, and run a torture test on them and look for errors. If no insight is gained there, then run them in SLI and do a torture test that way. It could also just be driver issues. I still to this day cannot play Fallout 3 using my cards in SLI, but they run everything else just fine.

thanks for your reply..

i've already tested both card and run them one at a time..and it turn outs that one of my card cause that problem.. what should i do?? is it valid for me to use the warranty for this kind of problem??
  10. What happens when you run the faulty card? Does it also crash continuously? If it's faulty, and it sure sounds like it is, you should be able to RMA the card.
  11. skolpo said:
    What happens when you run the faulty card? Does it also crash continuously? If it's faulty, and it sure sounds like it is, you should be able to RMA the card.

when i run the faulty card.. it doesnt have any problem when loading windows..but when i start to play any games(PES, Metro 2033, RE5, Batman AA), it start to hang and crash...

For this kind of problem i can use the warranty right?
  12. Yes, explain it to your manufacturer (as long as it's still under warranty).
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Games Crash SLI Graphics