This may sound strange, but I have all 4 Thief games....finished
them......but have never played any Fan Missions.

I have seen "Darkloader" mentioned in a few threads......is this so you can
play the FM's. If it is where do I get it and the FM's.

I love the Thief games....had to buy a new computer to play T3:DS......and
am interested in playing the FM's, they sound like alot of fun and a new
challenge for me and my quest to be a better player of the games.

Thanks for any help I get.

On Sat, 07 May 2005 05:37:32 GMT, "Ryan Oliver" <ryanoliver@warp.nfld.net>
wrote:

>This may sound strange, but I have all 4 Thief games....finished
>them......but have never played any Fan Missions.
>
>I have seen "Darkloader" mentioned in a few threads......is this so you can
>play the FM's. If it is where do I get it and the FM's.
>
>I love the Thief games....had to buy a new computer to play T3:DS......and
>am interested in playing the FM's, they sound like alot of fun and a new
>challenge for me and my quest to be a better player of the games.
>
>Thanks for any help I get.

There are a few essential sites to bookmark:
Cheap Missions hosts most missions and is usually the first place I look
for stuff: http://thiefmissions.com/

TTLG has the most active forums and is a good place to find help:
http://www.ttlg.com/

The Circle was the first big FM community site and still has a lot plus it
has reviews of some of the best FMs: http://www.thief-thecircle.com/

Komag has a lot of stuff like no-cd patches and contest missions as well
as quite a few missions: http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/
Here's a link to his copy of Darkloader 4.1:
http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/files/DarkLoaderSetupv41.exe

When you run it, tell it where your T1 and T2 installations are found and
point it to whatever folder you use to keep your zips of FM in. Leave
them zipped - DL will do the work needed to install them. Oh yeah, when
you first run it, be sure and let it "optimize" your installation (where
it just changes the folder layout of T1 to match T2).

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sat, 07 May 2005 05:37:32 GMT Ryan Oliver said :

>This may sound strange, but I have all 4 Thief games....finished
>them......but have never played any Fan Missions.
>
>I have seen "Darkloader" mentioned in a few threads......is this so you can
>play the FM's. If it is where do I get it and the FM's.
>
>I love the Thief games....had to buy a new computer to play T3:DS......and
>am interested in playing the FM's, they sound like alot of fun and a new
>challenge for me and my quest to be a better player of the games.
>
>Thanks for any help I get.

Here is one place........

http://thiefmissions.com/search.cgi?search=&sort=title&search=%2Bgame=t2#m

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

On Sat, 07 May 2005 05:37:32 GMT, "Ryan Oliver"
<ryanoliver@warp.nfld.net> wrote:

>This may sound strange, but I have all 4 Thief games....finished
>them......but have never played any Fan Missions.
>
>I have seen "Darkloader" mentioned in a few threads......is this so you can
>play the FM's. If it is where do I get it and the FM's.
>
>I love the Thief games....had to buy a new computer to play T3:DS......and
>am interested in playing the FM's, they sound like alot of fun and a new
>challenge for me and my quest to be a better player of the games.
>
>Thanks for any help I get.

Read the FAQ at TTLG here:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

That will tell you everything you want to know. You'll enjoy the FMs.
Quite a few of them are better than the original missions.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Maybe later on when I play
some of the FMs I would not mine being a tester for new fan missions that
are being created.

Again thanks for the help.

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:d5iblk02399@drn.newsguy.com...
> On Sat, 07 May 2005 05:37:32 GMT Ryan Oliver said :
>>
>>This may sound strange, but I have all 4 Thief games....finished
>>them......but have never played any Fan Missions.
>>
>>I have seen "Darkloader" mentioned in a few threads......is this so you
>>can
>>play the FM's. If it is where do I get it and the FM's.
>>
>>I love the Thief games....had to buy a new computer to play T3:DS......and
>>am interested in playing the FM's, they sound like alot of fun and a new
>>challenge for me and my quest to be a better player of the games.
>>
>>Thanks for any help I get.
>>

> Here is one place........
>
> http://thiefmissions.com/search.cgi?search=&sort=title&search=%2Bgame=t2#m
>

> --
> "If confused why this or that is going on."
> "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

> >>This may sound strange, but I have all 4 Thief games....finished
> >>them......but have never played any Fan Missions.

Your right, it did sound strange when you said that you had all 4 Thief
games when there was only 3 in the series! ;-)

On Sat, 7 May 2005 20:56:05 -0400, "eltslt" <eltslt@cox.net> wrote:

>Your right, it did sound strange when you said that you had all 4 Thief
>games when there was only 3 in the series! ;-)

T1, TG, T2, T3 = 4

--

On Sat, 07 May 2005 20:30:23 -0500 Michael Cecil said :

>>Your right, it did sound strange when you said that you had all 4 Thief
>>games when there was only 3 in the series! ;-)
>
>T1, TG, T2, T3 = 4

No No No

You have it all wrong.

1+1+1+1=4

1+2+1=4

1+3=4

2+2=4

4=4

Tsk tsk

--

On 7 May 2005 18:52:43 -0700, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:

>>>Your right, it did sound strange when you said that you had all 4 Thief
>>>games when there was only 3 in the series! ;-)
>>
>>T1, TG, T2, T3 = 4
>>

>No No No
>
>You have it all wrong.
>
>1+1+1+1=4
>
>1+2+1=4
>
>1+3=4
>
>2+2=4
>
>4=4
>
>Tsk tsk

Given A=B
A^2 = AB
A^2 - B^2 = AB - B^2
(A + B)(A - B) = B(A - B)
(A + B) = B
A + A = A
2A=A
2=1 !!!!

--

On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:19:15 -0500 Michael Cecil said :

>On 7 May 2005 18:52:43 -0700, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:

>>>T1, TG, T2, T3 = 4
>>>

>>No No No
>>
>>You have it all wrong.
>>
>>1+1+1+1=4
>>
>>1+2+1=4
>>
>>1+3=4
>>
>>2+2=4
>>
>>4=4
>>
>>Tsk tsk
>
>Given A=B
>A^2 = AB
>A^2 - B^2 = AB - B^2
>(A + B)(A - B) = B(A - B)
>(A + B) = B
>A + A = A
>2A=A
>2=1 !!!!

I was wondering if there would have been a responce to that.

lol..

Geneve

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

just to make myself clear on having all 4 Thief games.....I have T!, TG, T2,
and T3.

I know one of those equations are correct.....just can't figure out which
one. LOL :)

On Mon, 09 May 2005 05:34:13 GMT Ryan Oliver said :

>just to make myself clear on having all 4 Thief games.....I have T!, TG, T2,
>and T3.
>
>I know one of those equations are correct.....just can't figure out which
>one. LOL :)

Where did you locate "T!" ? Never heard of that title.

Geneve

(grin)

--

Geneve wrote:

> On Mon, 09 May 2005 05:34:13 GMT Ryan Oliver said :
>
>>just to make myself clear on having all 4 Thief games.....I have T!, TG, T2,
>>and T3.
>>
>>I know one of those equations are correct.....just can't figure out which
>>one. LOL :)
>>
> Where did you locate "T!" ? Never heard of that title.
> Geneve
>
> (grin)

Probably a downloadable Fan made OM. :)
Of course, the 1 key and the ! are very very close together. So we can
assume the individual means T, TG, T2, and T:DS.
Albert

On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:48:41 GMT, Albert Conklin <aconklin@satx.rr.com>
wrote:

>Geneve wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 09 May 2005 05:34:13 GMT Ryan Oliver said :
>>
>>>just to make myself clear on having all 4 Thief games.....I have T!, TG, T2,
>>>and T3.
>>>
>>>I know one of those equations are correct.....just can't figure out which
>>>one. LOL :)
>>>
>> Where did you locate "T!" ? Never heard of that title.
>> Geneve
>>
>> (grin)
>
> Probably a downloadable Fan made OM. :)
> Of course, the 1 key and the ! are very very close together. So we can
>assume the individual means T, TG, T2, and T:DS.
>Albert

No, no, no!!

T! is Thief Prime. All other Thief games are just the barest of shadows
compared to it. T! is only available to a select few players however.
Don't ask how to get a copy. You must be picked by the Thief Cabal.

fnord.

--

On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:48:41 GMT Albert Conklin said :

>assume the individual means T, TG, T2, and T:DS.
>Albert

Yes I believed this to be true.

--

On Mon, 09 May 2005 06:54:53 -0500 Michael Cecil said :

>On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:48:41 GMT, Albert Conklin <aconklin@satx.rr.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Geneve wrote:

>>> Where did you locate "T!" ? Never heard of that title.
>>> Geneve
>>>
>>> (grin)
>>
>> Probably a downloadable Fan made OM. :)
>> Of course, the 1 key and the ! are very very close together. So we can
>>assume the individual means T, TG, T2, and T:DS.
>>Albert
>
>No, no, no!!
>
>T! is Thief Prime. All other Thief games are just the barest of shadows
>compared to it. T! is only available to a select few players however.
>Don't ask how to get a copy. You must be picked by the Thief Cabal.
>
>fnord.

Hey wait a minute now !

I paid a guy Ten! spot to gain access to that Pub.
He said I would get a copy of it.

Do you suppose I didnt get it from the Cabal because
I lifted His purse after I had given him the loot ?