VIA HD Sound Deck and my Logitech G35 Headset

Katakylsm

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
So, the problem is this. At first there were no Windows 7 64 bit drivers for my new Logitech G35 headset, but I checked back today and there was a download for it, so now my 135 dollar headset works with my new PC, but I've hit another problem. I used to use the headset on an older XP system with Realtek HD audio codes, which mind you aren't that great but the easy equalization was nice for the music I listen to. I checked my Mobos Audo drivers (VIA VT1828S/8 Channel), and updated the driver from AMD's website. I opened up the equalization program they offer called VIA HD Sound Deck, and it doesn't even recognize my headset as one of the sound devices. If I right click the Speakers logo in the task bar and click sounds, then go to the playback area I have a few things labeled. Speakers 2-Logitech G35 Headset, ATI HDMI Output, ATI Hidef Audio codecs, Speakers VIA Hidef Audio, Headphone VIA Hidef Audio, SPDIF Interface (TX0) VIA Hidef Audio. If I enable any of the VIA Hidef I get no sound at all, and the ATI HDMI is for my HDTV, but when I play games I enjoy the comfort/quitness/sound quality of my headset. Also, prior to unistalling the G35 Audio drivers and reinstalling them it didn't show up as the 2-Logitech G35 Headset, it was something like 7:1 Audio surround sound since that is what the headset should be configured as. Looking for some help on this because the stereo quality on the headset doesn't do any justice to playing games =x

Katakylsm

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
I've been messing around with it for the past hour or two and it still doesn't seem to show up regardless of what I do, but now the headset is 3-Logitech G35 Headset... Also, though this may be a stupid question, do ANY sound cards support USB? I'm thinking its a no but the reason that my headset isn't picked up through my sound card is because well... its usb not a 3.5mm aux. cable.