Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire 5850 driver issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 28, 2010 3:29:52 PM

Hey all

I have 2 Sapphire 5850s in crossfire x and have recently had the problem of the driver crashing when watching flash videos like youtube. These problems didn't happen when I had the 10.1 Catalyst driver but even after rolling back, I have this issue. If I update to the latest drivers I also have the big mouse pointer issue.

I have done no special overclocking to the card and only tweaked the fan so I am able to keep the rig running cooler. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to remedy these problems?
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 28, 2010 4:12:40 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums :) 
Do you have the latest drivers installed ?
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
March 28, 2010 4:17:11 PM

Also, use DriverSweeper between uninstall the old driver & installing the new one... :) 

U also want to try the driver which came in the CD...
m
l
Related resources
March 28, 2010 4:36:39 PM

I updated to driver 10.3 just a little bit ago. It appears that it might be an issue between the cards and the mainboard (MSI K9A2-CF F) which doesn't handle 2d idle clock of 157 core 300 mem jumping to 750 core 1100 mem.

MSI hasn't written a driver or bios to fix this yet so I have used AMD GPU Clock Tool to bump up idle clocks and see if that will resolve the problem.
m
l
March 28, 2010 5:01:41 PM

Seems it resolved the issue with the flash videos only to cause problems in video games I play... for as much money as I spent on these cards, let alone the rig itself, I wasn't expecting such problems.
m
l
!