Sign in with
Your question

Max Temp and Voltage for Phenom II X6 1090T.

Last response: in CPUs
June 30, 2010 3:32:29 AM

What max temperature on the cpu matters? The Core temps, or the overall cpu temp for max temp specified by Amd which is 62c. Also I think the max voltage is 1.55v according to AMD OverDrive if not correct me plz.

Thx, Steve.
a c 161 à CPUs
June 30, 2010 3:37:57 AM

I would go by the highest temp any of the cores read rather than the CPU as a whole.
a c 131 à CPUs
June 30, 2010 4:31:42 AM

Here is information on your CPU. Unfortunately, AMD does not have a processor information site for their products like intel does at ark.intel.com.
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom%20II%20X6%...(HDT90ZFBGRBOX).html

But there are several things you should know:
-Mentioned in the link is the "max operating temperature". According to AMD, this is the Tcase max, not the TJmax. In otherwords it is the maximum temperature the case can reach, not the core.
-It is generally accepted that no one wants their AMD CPU core temperature to surpass 60*C on load
-I cannot find the actual TJmax, even on AMD's datasheets. At this temperature, the CPU will shut down. I ran tests using my old Athlon 3200+ and found it's TJmax to be between 115*C and 120*C. It still works fine and is stable.
-Overclocking the CPU reduces the TJmax temperature.
-It is generally accepted that running your CPU at high temperatures will shorten its lifespan. I have no evidence to support or deny this.
Related resources
July 29, 2012 12:21:55 AM

There are 2 versions of the 1055.. the 125w and the 95w. The 95 is good for 71c. the 125w is good for 62c

If you have the 95w version you are good
!