Annoying error message during startup

Jo

Beginning last week I get a message "Cannot find file in C\Program\...."
during the boot just after the Welcome splash screen. I can click OK, then
everything seems to work OK. Because there is no folder "C:\Program\", I
suspect a virus or some outside cause.

Has anyone heard of this as something that could be dealt with?

Thanks
JO

Try C:\Program Files

You have something that wants to start at boot that has been removed or is
screwed up.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:CB1651E0-435D-4FD8-A9BA-CC15ED235644@microsoft.com,
JO <JO@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Beginning last week I get a message "Cannot find file in
> C\Program\...." during the boot just after the Welcome splash screen.
> I can click OK, then everything seems to work OK. Because there is no
> folder "C:\Program\", I suspect a virus or some outside cause.
>
> Has anyone heard of this as something that could be dealt with?
>
> Thanks
> JO

Hi Wes :)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:uBtBLog8EHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
Try C:\Program Files

You have something that wants to start at boot that has been removed or is
screwed up.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:CB1651E0-435D-4FD8-A9BA-CC15ED235644@microsoft.com,
JO <JO@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Beginning last week I get a message "Cannot find file in
> C\Program\...." during the boot just after the Welcome splash screen.
> I can click OK, then everything seems to work OK. Because there is no
> folder "C:\Program\", I suspect a virus or some outside cause.
>
> Has anyone heard of this as something that could be dealt with?
>
> Thanks
> JO

Hi Ramesh,

Did the tsunamis cause you any problems?

I hope not.

I wondered about you when I first heard the news.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:O3zOhTl8EHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Wes :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Try C:\Program Files
>
> You have something that wants to start at boot that has been removed
> or is
> screwed up.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:CB1651E0-435D-4FD8-A9BA-CC15ED235644@microsoft.com,
> JO <JO@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Beginning last week I get a message "Cannot find file in
>> C\Program\...." during the boot just after the Welcome splash screen.
>> I can click OK, then everything seems to work OK. Because there is no
>> folder "C:\Program\", I suspect a virus or some outside cause.
>>
>> Has anyone heard of this as something that could be dealt with?
>>
>> Thanks
>> JO

Hi Wes,

Thanks! I'm fine here as I live in sub-urb Chennai, 15-20 Kms (road-route) away from the Tsunami hit Marina Beach.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u0Z4rXs8EHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Hi Ramesh,

Did the tsunamis cause you any problems?

I hope not.

I wondered about you when I first heard the news.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:O3zOhTl8EHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Wes :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Try C:\Program Files
>
> You have something that wants to start at boot that has been removed
> or is
> screwed up.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.