Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Keeper of the prophecies episode 2

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 3:26:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

Just been playing Keep of the Prophecies episode 2: Hallucinations. Trouble
is, every time I get to the end of the long-winded (but interesting)
briefing, it crashes to desktop.

Anyone else had this problem? It doesn't appear to be mentioned as a known
bug in the text file.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 3:26:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

On Tue, 10 May 2005 23:26:09 +0100 Paul Harris said :
>
>Just been playing Keep of the Prophecies episode 2: Hallucinations. Trouble
>is, every time I get to the end of the long-winded (but interesting)
>briefing, it crashes to desktop.
>
>Anyone else had this problem? It doesn't appear to be mentioned as a known
>bug in the text file.
>
>


You're just experiencing a "Hallucination"

(grin)


--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 7:05:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

Are you playing on XP SP2?

I noticed an increased amount of crashes anf freezes, after
i got a computer with XP SP2 on it That was not the case
on my old one with the standard XP installed.
Some days ago i patched thief2 to version 1.18 ( from V 1.0), from
that moment on the crash/freeze-incidents multiplied; Restart- start
thief2-load game-walk some steps and open a box----freeze! I
reinstalled version 1.0 again to get back to a tolerable situation


On Tue, 10 May 2005 23:26:09 +0100, "Paul Harris"
<paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Just been playing Keep of the Prophecies episode 2: Hallucinations. Trouble
>is, every time I get to the end of the long-winded (but interesting)
>briefing, it crashes to desktop.
>
>Anyone else had this problem? It doesn't appear to be mentioned as a known
>bug in the text file.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 10:27:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

Nope. Win2k SP4 here.


"flupp" <w.haederle.takethataway@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:5nr681dld5jb3ebb6dp4rdlcpco0gss0vd@4ax.com...
> Are you playing on XP SP2?
>
> I noticed an increased amount of crashes anf freezes, after
> i got a computer with XP SP2 on it That was not the case
> on my old one with the standard XP installed.
> Some days ago i patched thief2 to version 1.18 ( from V 1.0), from
> that moment on the crash/freeze-incidents multiplied; Restart- start
> thief2-load game-walk some steps and open a box----freeze! I
> reinstalled version 1.0 again to get back to a tolerable situation
>
>
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 23:26:09 +0100, "Paul Harris"
> <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Just been playing Keep of the Prophecies episode 2: Hallucinations.
Trouble
> >is, every time I get to the end of the long-winded (but interesting)
> >briefing, it crashes to desktop.
> >
> >Anyone else had this problem? It doesn't appear to be mentioned as a
known
> >bug in the text file.
> >
>
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:22:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

On Thu, 12 May 2005 15:05:36 GMT flupp said :
>
>Some days ago i patched thief2 to version 1.18 ( from V 1.0), from

Which executabkle did you use to come all the way from

1.0 to 1.18 ?

Thank you.


Geneve


--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:23:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:D 62d7e01qsp@drn.newsguy.com...
> On Thu, 12 May 2005 15:05:36 GMT flupp said :
> >
> >Some days ago i patched thief2 to version 1.18 ( from V 1.0), from
>
> Which executabkle did you use to come all the way from
>
> 1.0 to 1.18 ?
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> Geneve
>
>
> --
> "If confused why this or that is going on."
> "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"


There is nothing else available than the one patch that brings it to 1.18.

This doesn't mean that 17 patches have come out before that, in case you
wondered.

--
Barnaby
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 1:22:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

i was wrong, the patch took me from the original 1.07 20 1.18

On 13 May 2005 07:22:38 -0700, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 12 May 2005 15:05:36 GMT flupp said :
>>
>>Some days ago i patched thief2 to version 1.18 ( from V 1.0), from
>
>Which executabkle did you use to come all the way from
>
>1.0 to 1.18 ?
>
>Thank you.
>
>
>Geneve
!