Sign in with
Your question

Problem with wireless acer

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 6, 2010 6:00:16 PM

Hello,

I brought acer 4930 with Windows Vista HomePremium OS couple years ago and it's functioning quite well that time. But now when I wanted to online, it says that i haven't on my wireless LAN device( which is on already). When i turn it off and on again, it goes the same thing(and the wireless button doesn't seems to light). I check all the windows help but it seems doesn't help at all. So, now i cannot connect with wireless LAN at all.

Can anyone please help me to solve this?

thanks!

More about : problem wireless acer

a b F Wireless
May 7, 2010 6:35:45 AM

Quote:
Hello,

I brought acer 4930 with Windows Vista HomePremium OS couple years ago and it's functioning quite well that time. But now when I wanted to online, it says that i haven't on my wireless LAN device( which is on already). When i turn it off and on again, it goes the same thing(and the wireless button doesn't seems to light). I check all the windows help but it seems doesn't help at all. So, now i cannot connect with wireless LAN at all.

Can anyone please help me to solve this?

thanks!

[#0005ff]As it's out of warranty, it will be far cheaper to seek out a cheap wireless dongle than to have the onboard wireless chip fixed. You can buy them on e-Bay for about £5 - $9 or thereabouts and probably cheaper in teh States. It might be worth uninstalling yours in Device Manager and restart the computer in case reassociating it with its driver helps it work properly.[/#000ff]
m
l
!