Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot devic

mpg314

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Hello,
I recently received a new laptop. After starting after time with no problems I received a blue screen with Verticle black stripes then it shut off. After attempting to reboot it I receive this error in a black DOS like screen.
"Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (built 083)
Copyright (C) 1997-200 Intel Corporation

This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents:
US5,307459, US5,434,872, US5732,094, US6579,884, US6115,776 and
US6,327,625

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v120 (01/26/10)
PXE-M0F: ExitingPXEROM.

Reboot and select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device press a key"

Can any one help?

[strike]You say recently received -- did it include an operating system installed on the HDD or was this a system someone donated that had been used before and they wiped the HDD clean in order to keep from including any personal info. (most of the time when a system is donated the HDD is either removed or completely wiped of info so that no personal data is left on the system -- so the error may be because the HDD is empty and needs to have windows or another OS installed before it is ready to use thus there is currently no boot device.[/strike]

Just reread and noticed that you said it was working for awhile -- so ignore above - check your BIOS settings and ensure that the boot drive is in the list and if it is then it might be that the HDD got corrupted and you may need to do a repair installation using the recovery media