Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Still no boot/video after running through the diagnos. in the sticky

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Video
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
April 23, 2010 1:32:31 AM

I have read the sticky related to this issue, ran through everything without solving this.

Well I spend a few hours putting together my rig today and when I start it up I'm not getting any video. Motherboard lights up, fan on video card is going. Cpu must be running cause heatsink warms up. I'm using hdmi cable for video.

Mobo: ASRock X58 Extreme 3 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Video: XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

cpu: i7 930
cooling: stock

Case: HAF 932

PSU: 750 Corsair

RAM: 3x 1gb DDR3 1600 G Skills

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint f3 1tb



Checked all the cables. 5850 is plugged in first port

Help Please

More about : boot video running diagnos sticky

a b B Homebuilt system
April 23, 2010 1:40:56 AM

Have you tried using a DVI connector versus HDMI?

So you completed each task... Not just read through them??

Are you hearing any beep codes from the internal mini speaker??
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 1:46:25 AM

tecmo34 said:
Have you tried using a DVI connector versus HDMI?

So you completed each task... Not just read through them??

Are you hearing any beep codes from the internal mini speaker??



Don't have a dvi cable, already tried using vga. I said I did each task, I don't lie. I have the speaker in and I've never heard any noises. The diagnostics thing by the power and reset never displayed anything but "00"
m
0
l
Related resources
April 23, 2010 2:10:04 AM

No responses in awhile. Just like everyone to know this problem still stands...
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 23, 2010 2:11:05 AM

What does the motherboard owners manual say the "00" code means?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 23, 2010 2:13:35 AM

Read page 43 of the manual, which talks about how to setup an HDMI connection...
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 2:14:18 AM

shortstuff_mt said:
What does the motherboard owners manual say the "00" code means?


That's what it is suppose to say. Pays in the manual about passing control to OS loader.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 23, 2010 2:19:16 AM

"Passes control to OS Loader (typically INT19h)
m
0
l
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
April 23, 2010 8:43:07 AM

Is the BIOS finding a bootable drive?
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 6:55:07 PM

Not sure if I I'm getting through right. There is no video. There are no BIOS
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 23, 2010 6:59:17 PM

Have you performed the breadboarding steps at the end of the checklist to rule out a short? I know you said you performed every step, but most people haven't actually performed every step. Every step in the checklist is important, regardless of how silly or irrelevant it seems.
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 7:05:13 PM

Don't know what HDMI is hooked up to (Monitor-wise). Try booting to normal monitor and then installing all drivers including ATI CCC . Also make sure mobo bios is set correctly for video (onboard/pci/??). If you are using a T.V. for monitor, some video cards need to recognize it and reboot 'puter to operate properly! At any rate , it's a good idea to get 'puter up and running with all drivers configured prior to trying hdmi output! Also as a warning, DRM can and will cause HAVOC with some combinations so a program called "AnyDVD" may be handy down the road! I've built many HTPC's and I always build and "First-Boot" to regular monitor and get 'puter all squared away with proper drivers and software before attaching to actual theater monitor-even then some set-ups can be 'buggy' !! Good Luck, hope this diatribe helps!!
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 7:09:20 PM

tiotaitch said:
Don't know what HDMI is hooked up to (Monitor-wise). Try booting to normal monitor and then installing all drivers including ATI CCC . Also make sure mobo bios is set correctly for video (onboard/pci/??). If you are using a T.V. for monitor, some video cards need to recognize it and reboot 'puter to operate properly! At any rate , it's a good idea to get 'puter up and running with all drivers configured prior to trying hdmi output! Also as a warning, DRM can and will cause HAVOC with some combinations so a program called "AnyDVD" may be handy down the road! I've built many HTPC's and I always build and "First-Boot" to regular monitor and get 'puter all squared away with proper drivers and software before attaching to actual theater monitor-even then some set-ups can be 'buggy' !! Good Luck, hope this diatribe helps!!


What are you refering to as a "normal monitor?" I'm using a dell hd monitor. Tried hdmi and vga with a vga to dvi-d adapter on the 5850.
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 7:15:04 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
Have you performed the breadboarding steps at the end of the checklist to rule out a short? I know you said you performed every step, but most people haven't actually performed every step. Every step in the checklist is important, regardless of how silly or irrelevant it seems.


I havn't tried breadboarding, but I will soon if I don't figure this out soon.
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 7:51:14 PM

Ok, I have tried breadboarding. Same thing happened. Still no video. There were no sounds coming out of the speaker though (yes I do have the right speaker connected)
m
0
l
!