Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LG DVD writer some times read dual layer dvd and some times not

Last response: in Storage
June 1, 2012 8:55:48 PM

Hii. I have a LG DVD writer which I have bought around 3years ago. some months back it read CD. DVD.Dual layer DVD perfectly. But now a days it reads Dual layer DVD some times and sometimes not. But when it reads it copy datas with atleast 5MB/sec speed. Max is 12MB/sec. But most of the times now a days dual layer DVD is not detecting, it just spining and spining, but sometime it detects and reads data with 5-10MB/sec. What is the problem guys?? Can anyone help me please???
June 2, 2012 12:11:10 PM

So is there nobody to help me????? Dula layer disks are some time reading after many time ejecting and inserting the tray..
m
l
June 2, 2012 12:11:15 PM

So is there nobody to help me????? Dula layer disks are some time reading after many time ejecting and inserting the tray..
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
June 2, 2012 1:46:14 PM

Sounds like you have to buy a new drive. They are inexpensive these days and are easily swapped out. For convenience sake just buy the same format as the old (IDE / SATA). Drivers will not be a concern as Windows will take care of that.
m
l
June 2, 2012 7:03:18 PM

Then why it is reading some times. And also the CD and 4GB DVD are reading fine. Problem is only in 8GB DVD
m
l

Best solution

a b G Storage
June 2, 2012 8:30:00 PM

As per Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_disc_drive

"Double layer (DL) media have two independent data layers separated by a semi-reflective layer. Both layers are accessible from the same side, but require the optics to change the laser's focus"

I suspect your optics / focus assembly is failing in addition to possible other internal components
Anonymous
a b G Storage
June 2, 2012 8:34:15 PM

the laser on the drive is getting weak; time to splurge $17 on a new one.
m
l
December 16, 2012 5:48:50 PM

hi! you should change the IDE CABLE(red color generally) which is connected with your writer to the motherboard IDE port which you'll get in computer shop at 50-70 rupees. I had also same problem that "No disk in drive / it's spinning & spinning"and after replacing that cable the prob is solved. At first , many technicians said me to purchase a fresh product again as these writers are not repairable but i solved it myself.
m
l
a c 372 G Storage
December 20, 2012 3:50:51 PM

I didn't notice anyone mention it, but have you updated the drive's firmware lately? Most times it add compatibility with newer disks. Go to LG's web site to download the firmware.
m
l
!