Sign in with
Your question

Geforce 220 m

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 29, 2010 8:28:16 AM

hi,i want to buy a laptop and i just found an ASUS with this video card on it,and when i checked it i thought it was pretty good for gaming,what do you guys think?it's important for me to be not very expensive but good for games...the rest of the laptop's specs are:ASUS K61IC-JX118D - Intel T4400(2,2 ghz,800 mhz FSB 1mb cache)/16" HD/4096MB DDR2 800Mhz/500GB/5400 rpm/nVidia GT220M 1GB 128 bit/DVDRW/WEBCAM 1.3 MP/ Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n /6 Cell...so,basically is this a goog combination for gaming?is this video card goog anough to run most demanding games at low-medium details at least?thanks a lot

More about : geforce 220

March 29, 2010 8:36:09 AM

I don't know but what year was that computer made in because a game made even only a year after can be too much for the computer.And if that happened then you would have to upgrade your graphics card and maybe some other things.
March 29, 2010 8:39:04 AM

oblivion errors said:
I don't know but what year was that computer made in because a game made even only a year after can be too much for the computer.And if that happened then you would have to upgrade your graphics card and maybe some other things.

but why is it bad?the gt220 m has 1 gb video ram on 128 bit....and the rest of the specs aren't bad at all.what is wrong with it?
Related resources
March 29, 2010 8:51:15 AM

It's just that games even made only a year after a computer will either lagg or not run so is your pc newer or older than the game?and how much older?and alot of good games will run on that.
March 29, 2010 8:57:14 AM

But in 2012 unless you have new pc or video card don't go playing new games made that year on near full quaility
March 29, 2010 6:20:26 PM

I don't even see that GPU on Nvidia's list...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_m_series.html

No matter... if you look at the GPU above it and below it, you have an idea of how it'll perform... and it's not a GPU capable of moderate-to-heavy gaming. It'll do casual gaming fine... but not beyond that. It IS a HUGE step up from onboard video, but that's not really saying a whole lot.
!