Solved

I7 930 build - video editing / occasional gaming

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within 4-6 weeks.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Adobe Premiere, Video Capture (already have blackmagic design intesity pro), some occasional gaming (RTS/FPS).

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: I'm keeping the Case (Antec 1200), power supply, HDDs, Optical Drives, monitor, keyboard/mouse.

Power supply is an enermax galaxy 1000W, monitor is a 24" 1920x1200 resolution.

I might keep my video cards, unless moving up for a decent price will give me better performance. Current Vid cards: 2x BFG 8800GTX OC edition

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: NCIX.com / Newegg / Canadacomputers / Infonec (i'm willing to shop around for the best deal if its a huge savings for the same part)

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada (Toronto)

PARTS PREFERENCES: i7 930 / or 920 - Nvidia graphics

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe, preference given to ease of overclocking or out of box stability.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes - might just keep my current vid cards till something better comes out than the new Nvidia cards.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Budget - 6-800 w/o video card upgrades. 1000-1200 w/ video card(s).
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build video editing occasional gaming
  1. Best answer
  2. slight problem, with 2 video cards installed in the x16 slots on that board, would mean that I won't be able to access the PCI slot needed for my HDMI capture card.
  3. Yes, using two dual-slot GPU's will block the single PCI slot. If I'm not mistaken, though, your Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro card is PCI-E. If that's the case, it will fit above the top GPU. Is this your card?

Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro HDMI Editing Card with PCI Express

If so, you're fine.
  4. yea you are correct, I was just remembering wrong, and its my sound card that wouldn't fit, but i can just go with the onboard stuff for the sound.
  5. Best answer selected by phoenixrage.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product