Sign in with
Your question

Whats going on??

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 23, 2010 4:31:05 PM

I have had my system running for a good while now and its well run in. I keep good track of it and maintain it both in the OS and inside the case.

Its a Quad core BE 9850 Phenom and stock 2.4Ghz, It has 8Gb of the OCZ heatpipe 6400 DDR2 ram. and is built around the M3N32 MVP deluxe wifi edition ASUS MOBO.

Everything is installed on an out of date RAPTOR X 150GB harddrive and im running windows vista 64 bit.

Cooling comprises of 5 akasa fans and 1 ZALMAN NT cpu cooler with system temps around the 30 mark and 40 under heavy load.

i have a 5770 Powercolor PCS+ which works fine and im powering all this on a COOLERMASTER 750 WATT modular PSU.

Problems:

randomly once a blue moon when i turn the computer on it will not send any visual output to my screen, the moniter is fine as it keeps tellling me there is no PC INPUT. ive tried both DVI connections on the GPU and it doesn't work. the computer finally works after i restart it about 5 times. No apparent reason why.

Also whenever i turn the computer on the mouse which is a razer lachesis plugged into a rear USB never seems to turn on.. as if its gettin no power. yet all i have to do to get it working is pull it out and plug it in again. in the same USB port. so i know its not the mouse nor is it the port.

Could all this be the MOBO not working or its it something to do with my HDD or OS.

any help would be great. Thanks

More about : whats

a c 122 B Homebuilt system
April 23, 2010 4:38:33 PM

jasobnd said:

Problems:

randomly once a blue moon when i turn the computer on it will not send any visual output to my screen, the moniter is fine as it keeps tellling me there is no PC INPUT. ive tried both DVI connections on the GPU and it doesn't work. the computer finally works after i restart it about 5 times. No apparent reason why.

If the system POST's (the single short beep), you have some sort of intermittent problem with your video card or the video cable.

Also whenever i turn the computer on the mouse which is a razer lachesis plugged into a rear USB never seems to turn on.. as if its gettin no power. yet all i have to do to get it working is pull it out and plug it in again. in the same USB port. so i know its not the mouse nor is it the port. said:
Also whenever i turn the computer on the mouse which is a razer lachesis plugged into a rear USB never seems to turn on.. as if its gettin no power. yet all i have to do to get it working is pull it out and plug it in again. in the same USB port. so i know its not the mouse nor is it the port.

That occasionally happens to me with an ECS motherboard. Does this problem happen on a different USB socket?

Could all this be the MOBO not working or its it something to do with my HDD or OS.
said:

It's probably a glitchy motherboard. Your HD and OS are probably OK.
April 23, 2010 4:57:06 PM

Yes it happens on all USB ports even the cases front usb port!

do you think i should try a different PSU power cable for my GPU?

The computer seems to power up fine no problems all lights and my jet engine cpu cooler starts spinning. and it does beep as far as i know from memory.
!