cliffb1

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
TO ANYONE :

i am going nuts with all the secrecy, deception, over-pricing, different twists,spins and you name it from everyone ( it seems ) all the way from Microsoft ( greedy corp. gouger ) to deceptive, misleading individuals/companies when to comes to just a simple persons desire to build 2 new economical PC's FOR HIS FAMILY and put the OS WINDOWS XP PRO SP3 on them without a.) paying an arm and leg and b.) having MS tell me on my P C that my copy of XP is not Genuine.

I know for a fact that this has become to a large degree a subject of ethics.morals,money, fairness to all especially computer techees which i'm not . The little guy seems to continue to get screwed.
On one hand i can't afford what MS wants to charge me for a so called legit copy of XP Pro sp3 but on the other hand I don't want to get screwed by people out there trying to take advantage of the under-informed. I have searched lots and lots of websites like amazon, newegg.tiger direct,pricewatch etc. etc. and many more and have read dozens of customer reviews and am still trying to find somebody/company that is not intimidated by Microsoft and will help me figure out the best way to aquire 2 good working copies of MS XP Pro with good product key codes that will not just work for a day or weekor month. You guys know what I mean...
Any body out there like that??? Any help or advice out there I would greatly and sincerely appreciate even to the extent of a phone call on my dime.

Thank You !

cliffb1

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

At the present time after a lot of research AND knowing that for my needs XP pro will suffice just fine plus the learning curve for us going from 5 years of win2000 pro .
i know i can get win 7 for around $100 but i don't want to make that jump now.
Now when i refer to greediness i;m talking about over charging. Do you think $250 -$500 is a fair price for XP pro? or do you think maybe $60 - $80 is fairer?

cliffb1

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
thanks for the referral but i can't afford $140 plus i think that's still too much for as you termed it , " An outdated OS "
I just need a GOOD WORKABLE version for less than $100. AND I know their out there. I just haven't been able to find them yet. and my hunch is you know how i could obtain them but you can't or won't say........... at least on this venue.

royalflushr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Like other users have said windows 7 is not that hard to learn. As for obtaining a legit XP Pro key for next to nothing, it is not that hard. Go to your local dump or even tag sales. You will find PC's for sale with the key on them. Just take the free PC from the dump or buy the persons ancient PC form their tag sale and use the key. Legal and you pay next to nothing for it.

The only problem with going that route is that the OS has been activated with the old hardware. You will probably have to call Microsoft to get it re-activated with your new hardware. They may or may not allow the license to be transferred to a different machine. They certainly don't have to.

royalflushr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Most of the time they do. I have never had a problem with it. Just say "My hard drive failed and I reinstalled windows on a new one". I personally have never been denied.