Sign in with
Your question

Which SSD to choose??

Last response: in Storage
June 2, 2012 3:40:42 AM

My budget for an ssd is $160 or lower and want the best in performance in this range

Im undecided between OCZ vertex 3, vertex 4 and intel SSD's. I really do not know the difference or what to choose.

I want an SSD around the 120GB.

My motherboard is the Sabertooth Z77

If you have better recomendations, let me know.

Thank You

More about : ssd choose

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 2, 2012 5:20:03 AM

why stay away from ocz? and what about intel?
m
l
June 2, 2012 7:22:18 AM

OCZs have a bad reputation due to a rather high failure rate compared to other brands, combined with SandForce controller issues. Most of the problems with the SandForce controllers have been resolved with firmware updates, but the OCZs are still not the best choice for reliability, a lot of them still suffer from a high failure rate.

Intel is quite reliable, but their drives tend to be more expensive than their competitors. You can usually get more performance and decent reliability for less money with someone other than Intel, so unless reliability is your paramount concern, you can get better value elsewhere.

m
l
a b G Storage
June 2, 2012 7:52:19 AM

+1 to above comments. OCZ does not have a good reputation at the moment. The reliable brands are samsung, crucial, and intel.
m
l
June 2, 2012 7:52:58 AM

Supernova1138 said:
OCZs have a bad reputation due to a rather high failure rate compared to other brands, combined with SandForce controller issues. Most of the problems with the SandForce controllers have been resolved with firmware updates, but the OCZs are still not the best choice for reliability, a lot of them still suffer from a high failure rate.

Intel is quite reliable, but their drives tend to be more expensive than their competitors. You can usually get more performance and decent reliability for less money with someone other than Intel, so unless reliability is your paramount concern, you can get better value elsewhere.

so which hard drive would you say i could definitely buy specifically ( brand and model) for the price, reliability and performance?
m
l
June 3, 2012 3:17:43 AM

what about plextor m3? any good?
m
l
a b G Storage
June 3, 2012 3:27:46 AM

Yes, like the Intel SSD, they also come with a 5 year warranty and are bit on the expensive side.
m
l
!