Sign in with
Your question

Issues with installing Mac OSX on Acer E700 computer

Last response: in Mac Os X
July 14, 2010 9:35:20 PM

I having issues installing MACOSX on my Acer E700 computer. Ive tried different brands of HDD's and different configurations but I still cant get the OS to load. I have it on a separate HD and I have Windows 7 Ultimate with 4 gigs of ddr2 ram. The unit has a Foxconn mobo and INTEL Q6600 processor. Im trying to install on Western Digital SATA 160 GB HD 7400 rpms. PLEASE HELP!
July 14, 2010 10:48:29 PM

Have you Googled about "hackintosh" to see what others do to install OSX on a PC. You can't use the regular OSX discs, plus there are other things that need to be done to make it work.
July 14, 2010 11:32:07 PM

you need to make sure your motherboard is compatible (or make sure the chipsets on the motherboards are compatible rather)

i know support for ATI cards for mac OS X is a bit behind and that was the primary reason I took off os x on my computer (didn't have support for 4850 when i installed it last)

also couldnt find support for audio on my last board

(RAM and cpu aren't the problem.. neither is the hd.. the problem is the other hardware)
Related resources
July 15, 2010 3:48:07 PM

branflakes71 said:
Have you Googled about "hackintosh" to see what others do to install OSX on a PC. You can't use the regular OSX discs, plus there are other things that need to be done to make it work.

Yes I did and I've followed all of the insructions that was given to me and still no luck. I am using a ATI graphics card. I am using Hazards version of the Snow Leopard 10.6.2 OS.
July 15, 2010 3:53:24 PM

aberchonbie said:
you need to make sure your motherboard is compatible (or make sure the chipsets on the motherboards are compatible rather)

i know support for ATI cards for mac OS X is a bit behind and that was the primary reason I took off os x on my computer (didn't have support for 4850 when i installed it last)

also couldnt find support for audio on my last board

(RAM and cpu aren't the problem.. neither is the hd.. the problem is the other hardware)

I have the ATI X1650 Video Card that came with the computer. I do have a GeForce 8800GT that i can put into the unit. But I'm wondering will the video card be an issue with the OS not installing. I can go thru the process of installing the OS and everything goes thru fine but when it tries to booi it says boot:error.
July 16, 2010 7:33:44 AM

the x1650 is relatively old so i'm thinking that card's supported.. you need to make sure you are checking off the correct things when installing it.. sorry, i cant be of much help with the boot:error problem.. you should take a dive into the hackintosh forums
July 16, 2010 8:01:12 AM

You need to set the bios up correctly, and you need to make sure your PC or mobo is supported for the method you are using, if it says it works specific to your model it will work, if its for other models dont count on it. Since your using a hacked disc you need to have a model that will work with the dst thats loaded on the disc.

I build hackingtoshes all the time but I researched and I use 100% compatible hardware so I can do a retail install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Qjrq6xKV4

I build them on socket 775 and 1366, I am gonna do a 1156 next week.
!