[Memory] Higher frequency or lower latency?

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm not very experienced at computer building, so please forgive any possible mistakes or bad explanations.

I'm thinking about building a new computer with sandy bridge (i5-200K) and I'm about to choose my RAM module. I'm between this two models:

G.Skill DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL, Ripjaws-Serie
with CL7 7-7-21

OR

G.Skill DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit
F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH, Ripjaws-Serie
with CL9 9-9-24

which I found at similar prices.

Which one do you think would benefit my build the most. Do you maybe have a better proposal (8GB, priced at 100€/130$)?

PS. I haven't decided on motherboard yet, because sometimes I don't find all the products in European sites, so I want to wait and see what P67 motherboards will be available from the sites I use.
3 answers Last reply
More about memory higher frequency lower latency
  1. The 1600 is faster; it's what I use, but my timings are 9-9-9-24. The lower numbers for timings mean the ram will run faster. You may need to overclock the cpu to run the ram at 1600, but it's a piece of cake, and won't hurt anything. I even use the stock Intel heatsink.
  2. Ok, thank you for your answers. I think I decided to take the CL7 one and sacrifice the frequency, I may see later if I can oc it.

Thanks especially malmental for your very clear and informative answer.
  3. Best answer selected by honj90.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory