See if your motherboard supports hot-swappable SATA drives. If it does you can bypass the UEFI OPROM which might be causing the problem and mount it directly within windows. To do this:
1. Ensure the particularly SATA port that the HDD is attached to has hot swap enabled.
2. (optional) Connect the SATA data connector to the 1.5TB hard drive but leave the power connector disconnected.
3. Power on the machine as normal and boot into windows.
4. If you skipped step 2 while the machine was off, do it now while it is on.
5. Carefully connect the power connector to the 1.5TB drive. The SATA power connectors are manufactured with an extended ground pin which ensures that ground is always connected first, allowing it to be connected and disconnected safely while running.
The 1.5 TB drive should mount automatically