Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte P67A-UD5 vs. Gigabyte P67A-UD4

Last response: in Motherboards
January 5, 2011 12:44:08 PM

Hello folks,

So like many others I am getting ready for a Sandy Bridge build.

I am a gigabyte fan, so I will be getting a gigabyte mobo.

My question is in your opinion, does the phase 20 power design in the UD5 justify the price increase from the UD4 that has the phase 12 power design? I do plan to overclock the CPU (on air using a noctuna cooler), but I doubt I will try to push it past 4.6 - 4.8ghz. I do not know if the higher rated power design helps directly provide stability in overclocking or if it just controls and regulates voltages better to help provide OC stability in a roundabout way.

Sorry, I am still pretty inexperienced compared to those of you with a lot of knowledge. :??: 
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 3:12:17 PM

If you plan on some serious overclocking, the board with the better voltage regulation always wins. I have learned the hard way in the past not to skimp on mobo's when overclocking. The 20 phase will most likely allow you to run a bit lower voltage, so over all wear and tear will a tad less and heat will be a bit lower as well.
January 5, 2011 3:21:02 PM

Thanks! I appreciate the response, it is only 70 - 75$ more for the UD5, so it isn't major money or anything like that. So, it seems like I should spring for the extra $$.

I won't know for sure until I have the build up and running of course, but I do not know if I will even want to attempt voltage changes, or if I am just going to stick with changing multipliers.

I appreciate it!

Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 3:26:16 PM

You'll have to change the voltage for any significant overclock, say over 10 to 15 percent past stock.
January 5, 2011 3:31:18 PM

I thought that I had read somewhere that ... here it is ... that they were able to get an i5 2500k to 4.62 mhz without playing with the voltage? Or maybe I read it wrong?
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 3:50:37 PM

I don't have time to read that whole article right now, however knowing what I know about chips,voltage and current tech, you can't overclock even an efficient Sandy Bridge cpu to 4.6 without a significant voltage bump, most likely overvolting it at that speed.
January 5, 2011 3:56:56 PM

Well, I guess I should trust the Veteran ;) 
Look over it sometime if you get the chance and let me know what you think.
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 3:58:29 PM

Alright I will get back to you in a bit.
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 4:14:01 PM

willmalcom said:
Well, I guess I should trust the Veteran ;) 
Look over it sometime if you get the chance and let me know what you think.

I had a look at that page there are a few notables there. They said they manged to change the multiplier without messing with any advanced options. That's not the same as running stock volts as the mother board will start increasing the voltage as you raise the multiplier. They did however achieve an impressive overclock at 1.4 volts. That said that's a measly .5 or so away from max voltage and that's on a most likely cherry picked cpu.

It's generally not recommended leaving voltage on auto, especially when going for a high overclock. You will need to set voltage manually to a fair amount above stock volts(or your chips VID) in order to achieve the overclock your talking about.

In any case I'll stick to the more expensive better overclocking board if I were in your shoes.

Not all Veterans are created equal :kaola:  Good Luck
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 4:33:08 PM

Anything > 14 Phase gets into stupid land, and if ALL the phases are only going through the CPU even dumber.

I've seen the Intel DP67BG P67 which is ONLY a 4+2 Phase MOBO hit >5GHz; BTW the Intel MOBO are horrible! Not a fan of GA MOBOs either... Therefore the GA-P67A-UD4 (rev. 1.0) is sufficient to 'melt' the CPU.

Side-by-Side -> http://www.gigabyte.us/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck...

R3E's phases will get you to need Nitrogen to max-out the power to the CPU.
- 8-phase CPU power
- 3-phase QPI/DRAM power
- 3-phase NB power
- 3-phase Memory power
January 5, 2011 5:03:38 PM

@sportfan Thanks for all the info, I appreciate the responses :) 

@ jaquith Well, I haven't had any trouble with Gigabyte, but then admittedly I don't have a ton of experience either. I am always open to other options!

I do tend to trust those with more experience than myself. And tbh, I have read on various forums posts from what seem like experienced people saying that they don't care much for Gigabyte. Any reasoning and suggestions on other manufacturers?
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 5:27:27 PM

First - Are gigabyte beter than some of the other, probably not, but I'm also partial to Gigabyte. Last 3 biulds:
E6400 OC to 3.2...I5-750 Stable at 3.8 GHZ... I3-540 (For wife. Not one problem.

On Nr. of phases. There is a point of Diminishing returns. Where that point is I'm unsure.
More Phases -> less current per phase (possible lower failure rate), better ripple reduction , Higher componet count (increased failure rate.

I'd probably go with jaquith that 12 are enough. The 20 is more for bragging rights and increased profits as the manuf cost are not that much higher
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 6:01:42 PM

More isn't 'better' if it sits there doing zip; waste of $. My feelings about GA aren't -- hmm...today I hate GA. They have the highest failure rate in this forum, and I unfortunately discovered & confirmed the SSD + RAID on the UD3R {rev 2} and helped confirm the {rev 1} SSD issue. Imagine rebuilding 10 rigs! Tom's latest GA build discovered the Swiss Army Knife galore approach caused the SATA2 and SATA3 speeds about the same; too much allocation of bandwidth.

I could go on and on, but I'll keep an open mind with the P67 and GA. My preferences: EVGA, ASUS, MSI, ASRock, Gigabyte.

If I had to build one now the ASUS P8P67 PRO, or wait for the EVGA P67 Classified http://news.softpedia.com/news/EVGA-P67-Classified-Is-a...

GA-P67A-UD4 (rev. 1.0) - http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3...
P8P67 PRO - http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=HMMvTCuBcZLfu2YL

P8P67 PRO:
4 x DIMM, Max. 32 GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)*/2133(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 Non-ECC
2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (single at x16 or dual at x8/x8 mode)
Supports NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology
Supports ATI® Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
-
Intel® P67 Express Chipset
2 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports (gray)
4 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports (blue)
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
Marvell® 9120 controller
2 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports (navy blue)*
JMicron® JMB362 SATA controller
2 xExternal SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports*
-
Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
-
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (blue)
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2 x S/PDIF Out (1 for Coaxial, 1 for Optical)
-
Industry leading Digital 12+2 Phase Power Design

GA-P67A-UD4:
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
{Convoluted way of saying x8/x8}
Support for ATI CrossFireX™/NVIDIA SLI technology
-
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0, SATA3_1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_2, SATA2_3, SATA2_4, SATA2_5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.
{Convoluted way of saying poorer performance}
Marvell 88SE9128 chip:
2 x eSATA 6Gb/s connectors on the back panel supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
Support for SATA RAID 0 and RAID 1
-
NO Bluetooth
-
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
1 x coaxial S/PDIF Out connector
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
-
NO COMMENTS ON Phase ; generally not a good sign ; suggests poor poorer power to CPU/RAM
January 5, 2011 6:19:39 PM

"My feelings about GA aren't -- hmm...today I hate GA. They have the highest failure rate in this forum, and I unfortunately discovered & confirmed the SSD + RAID on the UD3R {rev 2} and helped confirm the {rev 1} SSD issue. Imagine rebuilding 10 rigs! Tom's latest GA build discovered the Swiss Army Knife galore approach caused the SATA2 and SATA3 speeds about the same; too much allocation of bandwidth."

I read that last night, and it did make me question my commitment to Gigabyte. And I have read less bad things about the ASUS boards, so they might have to be a serious consideration.

The Asus board just looks like it is going to cost about 150 extra bones!! :) 
January 5, 2011 6:34:15 PM

Oh I got served, they are about the same price ...
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 6:34:43 PM

Where are you shopping? The costs are about the same??!! GA-P67A-UD4 vs P8P67 PRO are priced within $10 in the USA anyway. Sorry, I am CoFuSeD?
January 5, 2011 6:50:35 PM

yeah check my above post :p 

I was just immediately responding based on the picture ...

Maybe that should say something :) )
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 8:32:40 PM

I did.
January 5, 2011 8:42:28 PM

10$ is about the same to me ... now I am CoNfUsEd
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 8:51:52 PM

I Added more! You're gonna have your head spin-off...
January 5, 2011 9:02:12 PM

It already did ... yikes!
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 10:58:32 PM

If it were 'me' go the X58 route...
January 5, 2011 11:02:01 PM

Why just out of curiosity?
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 5, 2011 11:25:47 PM

As I've been saying all along in 'that other' post the P55 vs P67 no big deal, as you're finally I think realizing the 'baby step.' The biggies to me are x16/x16, unshared PCIe bandwidth & more overall PCIe bandwidth, Tri Channel RAM vs Dual, 6-core CPUs vs 4-core, and better architecture.

Now IF the P67 offered PCIe 3.0 then duh get the P67. However, to date the best I've seen is the EVGA Classified P67 with X16/x8 but my guess it's going to cost ~$300. More for less performance doesn't add-up. Prices for X58 have been going down. 3/4-WAY SLI/CF is no big deal on the X58, but the P67 it's a PITA to get 3-WAY much less a 4-WAY and then it';; be like a dead appendage.

What concerns me is I haven't seen any mention of SATA4 {1200 Gb/s}/or whatever it will be called for any MOBO; there are SSDs now - today with >700 MB/s R/W and SATA3 craps out at 600 MB/s -- so the SSD must be PCIe!

So far, I have not been wrong...

Good links to see what's what:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_future_Intel_micro...
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

FYI - I'm 1 of 4 Gold MOBO period and 1 of 2 that answered so many correctly we broke the forum counter - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/profile-388864.htm
January 6, 2011 3:44:15 AM

jaquith said:
As I've been saying all along in 'that other' post the P55 vs P67 no big deal, as you're finally I think realizing the 'baby step.' The biggies to me are x16/x16, unshared PCIe bandwidth & more overall PCIe bandwidth, Tri Channel RAM vs Dual, 6-core CPUs vs 4-core, and better architecture.

Now IF the P67 offered PCIe 3.0 then duh get the P67. However, to date the best I've seen is the EVGA Classified P67 with X16/x8 but my guess it's going to cost ~$300. More for less performance doesn't add-up. Prices for X58 have been going down. 3/4-WAY SLI/CF is no big deal on the X58, but the P67 it's a PITA to get 3-WAY much less a 4-WAY and then it';; be like a dead appendage.

What concerns me is I haven't seen any mention of SATA4 {1200 Gb/s}/or whatever it will be called for any MOBO; there are SSDs now - today with >700 MB/s R/W and SATA3 craps out at 600 MB/s -- so the SSD must be PCIe!

So far, I have not been wrong...

Good links to see what's what:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_future_Intel_micro...
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

FYI - I'm 1 of 4 Gold MOBO period and 1 of 2 that answered so many correctly we broke the forum counter - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/profile-388864.htm

Yes, I want to select this as best answer but it done brokeded
January 6, 2011 4:16:57 AM

So ... using discrete graphics (ex SLI or 3 gtx570) go with x58 or 1366 and pass completely on SB as it is now? Seems to be the feeling I am getting ...

But, is the overclock that can be obtained with SB thrown off balance by the negatives you mention ... to the point where x58 or 1366 maybe a better choice?
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 6, 2011 12:57:02 PM

It's all about balance, and the SB CPU is not the problem it's the friggin chassis it's attached to that's the problem.

So if gaming and 2/3-WAY SLI or CF is the goal then YES the X58 is the better choice.

YES BALANCE!!! You want ALL aspects to support one another, and for the life of me -- the P67 screwed-up big-time!
January 6, 2011 2:07:53 PM

Okey doke! Now why is best answer broken?
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 6, 2011 3:02:37 PM

If this is a "Discussion" and {Best Answer} is 'missing' then I can have one of the guys 'fix' the post. Otherwise it makes no difference to me.

That other post is getting testy, kind of what I wanted -- so shh! It makes people 'think' and 'dig' deeper. I don't have a problem with opinions as long as there's some fact behind it. ;) 
January 6, 2011 3:40:08 PM

jaquith said:
More isn't 'better' if it sits there doing zip; waste of $. My feelings about GA aren't -- hmm...today I hate GA. They have the highest failure rate in this forum, and I unfortunately discovered & confirmed the SSD + RAID on the UD3R {rev 2} and helped confirm the {rev 1} SSD issue. Imagine rebuilding 10 rigs! Tom's latest GA build discovered the Swiss Army Knife galore approach caused the SATA2 and SATA3 speeds about the same; too much allocation of bandwidth.

I could go on and on, but I'll keep an open mind with the P67 and GA. My preferences: EVGA, ASUS, MSI, ASRock, Gigabyte.

If I had to build one now the ASUS P8P67 PRO, or wait for the EVGA P67 Classified http://news.softpedia.com/news/EVGA-P67-Classified-Is-a...

GA-P67A-UD4 (rev. 1.0) - http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3...

GA-P67A-UD4:
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
{Convoluted way of saying x8/x8}
Support for ATI CrossFireX™/NVIDIA SLI technology
-
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0, SATA3_1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_2, SATA2_3, SATA2_4, SATA2_5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.
{Convoluted way of saying poorer performance}
Marvell 88SE9128 chip:
2 x eSATA 6Gb/s connectors on the back panel supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
Support for SATA RAID 0 and RAID 1
-
NO Bluetooth
-
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
1 x coaxial S/PDIF Out connector
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
-
NO COMMENTS ON Phase ; generally not a good sign ; suggests poor poorer power to CPU/RAM

Man, I bought GA-P67A-UD5 already.. Hopefully it's not that bad.
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 6, 2011 4:03:23 PM

January 7, 2011 3:34:57 AM

HA I get it :) 
January 7, 2011 11:21:17 PM

jaquith said:
Got-PCIe?

Fortunately after some reading I discovered that x16 and x8 in SLi won't have big difference (5 fps). For the third PCIe slot I still don't know what useful card could be put on, so I'm not sad :D 
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 8, 2011 11:47:01 AM

^Based upon smaller resolutions and current GPUs. I am untypical in that I SLI 5760 X 1080 and there's a lot more than 5FPS. If you have some dinky monitor then I hope you're not running SLI or your really like >150~200 FPS. Crysis and many intense games throws a lot of data through the PCIe.

It 100% depends on your resolution, games, etc and what GPU you're wanting and when.

Since the vast majority of people are not like me or running multiple monitors or may not care about 'extreme' rigs or will running a PCIe SSD then I have no issues nor complaints about the P55/P67.

Think about this - would you buy a GeForce 8400 GS? By EOL of the P67 the equivalent will be the GTX 470. It wasn't that long ago that was a great GPU? Games are getting a lot more taxing on the entire rig.

If you don't game then this, including my stuff, is pointless. I have nothing bad to say about the P67 - remember the x8/x8 is on the CPU -- blame Intel. I really wanted the P67 to have x16/x16 native or PCIe 3.0. My frustration is Intel is screwing the consumers -- you and me!

--
My 3 monitors were ~ $1K; now if you don't care about 3D you can get the 5760 X 1080 for $480 or less e.g. ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI 1080P http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... so if you're looking at a GTX 470 SLI $450 ($225/ea) you're loosing out...

Think about it.
January 11, 2011 1:02:08 AM

jaquith said:
^Based upon smaller resolutions and current GPUs. I am untypical in that I SLI 5760 X 1080 and there's a lot more than 5FPS. If you have some dinky monitor then I hope you're not running SLI or your really like >150~200 FPS. Crysis and many intense games throws a lot of data through the PCIe.

It 100% depends on your resolution, games, etc and what GPU you're wanting and when.

Since the vast majority of people are not like me or running multiple monitors or may not care about 'extreme' rigs or will running a PCIe SSD then I have no issues nor complaints about the P55/P67.

Think about this - would you buy a GeForce 8400 GS? By EOL of the P67 the equivalent will be the GTX 470. It wasn't that long ago that was a great GPU? Games are getting a lot more taxing on the entire rig.

If you don't game then this, including my stuff, is pointless. I have nothing bad to say about the P67 - remember the x8/x8 is on the CPU -- blame Intel. I really wanted the P67 to have x16/x16 native or PCIe 3.0. My frustration is Intel is screwing the consumers -- you and me!

--
My 3 monitors were ~ $1K; now if you don't care about 3D you can get the 5760 X 1080 for $480 or less e.g. ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI 1080P http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... so if you're looking at a GTX 470 SLI $450 ($225/ea) you're loosing out...

Think about it.

Not a gamer anymore. The only games I'm still interested in are Blizzard's, and as you know they have low specs requirements :D 

But I got your point, and might plan a dual monitor in the future (not three though). How many data/quality loss I'll have running SLi with dual monitor?

I should but couldn't afford to wait the rumored Z67 :pfff: 
January 11, 2011 7:03:43 AM

Hey, My GA-P67A-UD5 booted up on the first try.
AND no dredded "CPU INIT" error message.
That's good enough for me.
I'm happy so far.
January 11, 2011 6:37:42 PM

ortoklaz said:
@ OP ..don't listen to all this aSUS fan boys and all that nonsense about how bad GIGABYTE mobos are,here is a thread that will help you out if you decide to go with giga/2600K
http://www.overclock.net/intel-general/910467-ultimate-...

LoL

Infact I made my choices based on that OP (other) reviews. Although mine are a little bit "weaker" than his rig, already bought P67A-UD5, and going for 2500K. :D 

How could I resist its 2x Copper PCB and those robust heatsinks..
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 7:19:38 PM

I would love it if Gigabyte were without bad MOBOs, but in this forum they are number 1 on the failure list. I prefer EVGA for a gaming MOBO.

My hope is GA fixed their engineering for P67, I am confused why they are using old BIOS tech?
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 8:58:13 PM

jaquith said:
I would love it if Gigabyte were without bad MOBOs, but in this forum they are number 1 on the failure list. I prefer EVGA for a gaming MOBO.

My hope is GA fixed their engineering for P67, I am confused why they are using old BIOS tech?

I would love if aSUS,evga,msi,...etc were without bad MOBOs..where is that list?..you just have a bad experience with -UD3R and now
telling every one how bad GB's are ,most of the time user is the one to blame
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 9:16:24 PM

^No, not it at all. There have been, since I've been posting here, maybe 10~15 ASUS vs GA vs ETC discussions on relaibility of MOBOs. All of the folks in this section that are Silver {enough of them} or Gold agree that the Gigabyte's are the #1 RMA/Faulty MOBOs with the exception of bilbat who gets nuts when you nah-say GA. Gold in MOBO = jaquith, tecmo34, saint19 & bilbat; saint19 & I broke the forum counter.

I tell that SAME as 3/4 MOBO Gold's: EVGA & ASUS!

--

BTW - I do NOT count 'User Error' as a bad MOBO; these are all based upon RMA MOBOs.

I am to the point where I say what I feel or think, and I have no calling to suck-up to the OP or pat them on the back and blindly agree with them to get a Best Answer.
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 9:28:22 PM

it's funny.. you include yourself and bilbat in that list and count saint19 twice ,that would live you and tecmo..wow thats a long list lol
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 9:33:58 PM

Reread -> "; saint19 & I broke the forum counter." which means we broke the forum counter and show-up as Bronze.

Duh, 3/4 MOBO Gold's: jaquith {me};1 , tecmo34;2, saint19;3 / bilbat;4

Get off the caffeine and read again!
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 9:52:11 PM

what's with you and your "forum counter",badges,..?i don't even visit this section and it looks like there is only hand full of people that does ,the bottom line is ..this company's mention above are top dogs in mobo making business and the only thing that hurts one more then another is customer support period
P.S. i think new GA mobos are being shipped with new BIOS I think you should "Get off the caffeine and read again!"
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 10:20:27 PM

Badges = experience, prompted by your comments like "@ OP ..don't listen to all this aSUS fan boys and all that nonsense about how bad GIGABYTE mobos" are unsubstantiated nonsense with no REAL INFO; all rhetoric without merit. I own: EVGA, ASUS, & Gigabyte. In my case it was proven to be an engineering problem/flaw in design -- hard to ignore MASSIVE FAILURE. Doesn't mean I hate GA. If ASUS MOBOs constantly were being determined as "BAD" then I'd have no problems stating steer-clear of ASUS and get an EVGA or whatever MOBO was the least problematic + fast + quality.

I like Corsair, but all I have been doing is promoting G.SKILL Ripjaws X for the P67 because everything I've seen suggests, for now, they're the best choice. In GA's I've seen the 'Swiss Army Knife' build approach come back and bite them in the rear. Likewise the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme has issues with the 3-WAY + the jerry-rigged nVidia 'add-on' PCIe controller; so I'm not recommending it until that issue is fully resolved {Driver(s) and/or BIOS}.

NO UEFI BIOS + GA {scrub to 9min:50sec} -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppRzv1tKRyE&feature=sub Even GA's P67 flagship GA-P67A-UD7 (rev. 1.0) doesn't have UEFI; check the manual I did.

This section requires that you know practically everything, sections like: CPUs, GPUs, OC are simple by comparison. Here you're dealing with correcting problems, selection, builds, RAM, conflicts, BAD MOBOs!!! - you name it.
---
I only recommend what works best! I don't care less if someone ignores my experience...it's not my rig or money. Bottom-line, I have no agenda.
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 10:58:09 PM

jaquith..i'm not disputing your technical knowledge ( if you were such a expert and authority on mobos you would't be here on the first place)..i'm just a little bit pizt of that you laying some Heavy Lead on second best mobo manufacturer and yes i'm also familiar with asus evga msi and they all have some type of shortcoming but that is just my opinion
P.S. ok..no new bios from GA (they were going to send them with UEFI) o well i guess that would make GA mobo a bad mobo ..
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 11:25:52 PM

It screamed to me GA rushing out product. Poor preparation doesn't generally mean good things. I knew about that before I said word one in this post.

Let's hope GA P67's and all future GA's work great!

Cheers
January 11, 2011 11:39:04 PM

I used to have Biostar 775, and was undecided between ASUS and MSI for the 1155.

Almost did a checkout on the ASUS mobo when I read users' reviews who had opened ASUS and GIGABYTE heatsinks and the rest of the mobos, and concluded that ASUS' P67 heatsinks were just cool and shiny. On the contrary, GA's were robust etc.

Well, only time can tell if GA is as bad as Jaquith said. His advices are helping me a lot in this forums, but I am being super positive about my P67A-UD5 :D 
a c 717 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 11:52:28 PM

I am not saying they're bad, nor am I saying they're flawless either.

Experience Answers means just that - trends, performance, reliability, features, compatibility. There's only one horse that wins the race and a triple crown is about them all as stated.

In reality the performance between similar MOBO is nearly negligible.
!