Sign in with
Your question

Need help with BLU RAY please!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 29, 2010 7:33:15 PM

I got a brand new laptop with blue ray drive in it and am trying to stream blue ray to my tv. i am using a trial version of powderdvd10. when i play regular dvds it workd great. however when i play a blu ray it flickers the whole time. very fast flickering ( basicly a strobe) the sound streams great but picture does not.

I am running a Sony vaio
with:
i3 core 330m 2.13ghz
4GB DDR3 memory
IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Feature up to 1755MB total video memory

What do i need to do? surely that is enough computing power to run a blu ray. but my cpu Usage when reading the blu ray is up near 90%.

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks

More about : blu ray

March 29, 2010 7:39:12 PM

oh and it flickers on the tv and the laptop if that makes a differance
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2010 7:45:19 PM

are you in high performance mode?
m
l
Related resources
March 29, 2010 8:03:05 PM

Probably have the "read it clearly" box checked. If it is that may be the problem. I have only experienced it to work with NV cards.
m
l
March 29, 2010 8:29:21 PM

where is the read it clearly box?? and ive switched between high performance and low within powerdvd.

new problem now i am trying to play the dvd in powerdvd10 and it says The playback of this content is not allowed with an digital output device. Please use a analog output device.

I do not even have it hooked up to the tv or anything!

whats the deal?
m
l
March 29, 2010 10:04:18 PM

I'm not sure about this, but from what I've heard, Intel IGP's like yours have issues playing Blu-Ray properly. They just are not fast enough. If you want to watch Blu-Ray bad enough, just return your laptop and get one with dedicated video.
m
l
March 29, 2010 10:09:59 PM

what does it mean to have dedicated video?
m
l
March 29, 2010 10:18:39 PM

a real video card instead of just an integrated chip on the motherboard
m
l
March 29, 2010 10:39:31 PM

Sounds like the integrated graphics aren't able to keep up.
first i would check for updated drivers from sony http://esupport.sony.com/EN/DRIVERS
second reduce screen resolution
third exchange laptop for one with better video capabilities
m
l
March 29, 2010 10:52:18 PM

superpilot61 said:
where is the read it clearly box?? and ive switched between high performance and low within powerdvd.

Open Powerdvd, right click and click on the video tab. Its under dvd feature.
m
l
March 30, 2010 12:56:23 AM

im not able to click the boxes for the read it clearly and reas it smother. they are read only...
m
l
!