Accidental system recovery

I do hope someone can help. I have done a very silly thing. When I went to
turn on my PC, I had left a floppy disc in drive A. The PC came up with a
message "unable to start NTLDR" and I assumed there was a major problem. So
I ran the system recovery disc. All my work is still on the PC, but the
settings are all to pot. Is there an easy way of undoing this silly mistake
or of reestablishing the settings I had previously in place? Help greatly
appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about accidental system recovery

    First of all, a recovery disk is proprietary. If there's a way to undo it
    which I doubt, you would need to get that information from the system
    manufacturer.

    That said, if your files are still there, you might try creating a new
    account and copying the files from your previous user account to the new
    user account:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "The knitted bloke" <The knitted bloke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:D529259C-32A4-4353-AA0A-832D025155F0@microsoft.com...
    >I do hope someone can help. I have done a very silly thing. When I went
    > turn on my PC, I had left a floppy disc in drive A. The PC came up with a
    > message "unable to start NTLDR" and I assumed there was a major problem.
    > So
    > I ran the system recovery disc. All my work is still on the PC, but the
    > settings are all to pot. Is there an easy way of undoing this silly
    > mistake
    > or of reestablishing the settings I had previously in place? Help greatly
    > appreciated!

Configuration System Recovery Windows XP