Accidental system recovery

I do hope someone can help. I have done a very silly thing. When I went to
turn on my PC, I had left a floppy disc in drive A. The PC came up with a
message "unable to start NTLDR" and I assumed there was a major problem. So
I ran the system recovery disc. All my work is still on the PC, but the
settings are all to pot. Is there an easy way of undoing this silly mistake
or of reestablishing the settings I had previously in place? Help greatly
appreciated!

First of all, a recovery disk is proprietary. If there's a way to undo it
which I doubt, you would need to get that information from the system
manufacturer.

That said, if your files are still there, you might try creating a new
account and copying the files from your previous user account to the new
user account:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"The knitted bloke" <The knitted bloke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D529259C-32A4-4353-AA0A-832D025155F0@microsoft.com...
>I do hope someone can help. I have done a very silly thing. When I went
> turn on my PC, I had left a floppy disc in drive A. The PC came up with a
> message "unable to start NTLDR" and I assumed there was a major problem.
> So
> I ran the system recovery disc. All my work is still on the PC, but the
> settings are all to pot. Is there an easy way of undoing this silly
> mistake
> or of reestablishing the settings I had previously in place? Help greatly
> appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS