Sign in with
Your question

Atom 330 - ASROCK A330ION

Last response: in CPUs
July 1, 2010 8:08:36 PM

Hi

Does anybody have one of these boards/processors?

If so can you please quote your idle temp / load temp when using Core Temp freeware application

I felt the standard ally block heatsink and it was roasting. So replaced it with a UFO style heatsink coupled with a 40mm silent (13db) fractal design fan

Core Temp reports idle @ 43 degress C, and load didnt go any higher than 61 degress C. To put load I was using OCCT default stress test

The heatsink feels very cool and the fan is silent. Looks very nice!

Want to know if this is actually doing a better job than stock (as it looks pretty good on that little chip)

Thanks

Luke

July 1, 2010 10:07:00 PM

Not to worry answered my own question. At idle the new UFO heatsink runs 2 degrees hotter. But the fan is quieter. And when a load is applied....it takes longer for the CPU to heat up. The stock cooler heat ups rapidly...and guessing when the machine is switched off it takes longer for the solid heatsink to dissipate heat than the thing finned UFO custom heatsink. Seems alot more repsonsive at removing heat from the CPU with a much smoother curve
July 1, 2010 10:08:25 PM

Dont think core temp is best program either. Both CPU-Z and OCCT and hardware monitor show temps around 10 degress lower than core temp.

In any case, not an issue as max t junction is 125 degrees
Related resources
August 5, 2010 12:58:45 AM

The ASRock ION is running 58C and 59C just running Win Server R2 idle.

The Zotac F series ION in a very small case running Win Pro is running 66C on each processor.

Love both motherboards but the ASRock rules with the 4 SATA slots and 2 eSATA slots. Both run exceptionally well.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 11, 2010 10:57:26 PM

I want to replace my ASRock A330Ion's chipset heatsink as well, but I don't know what type of heatsink would work best. I'm not even sure on compatibility of these things! Could you share a link to the one you're using?

Marc
!