5770 Crossfire?

SUPER NAME

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Hi. I am purchasing the PowerColor PCS+ 5770 soon, and am looking forward to using CrossFire with another 5770.

However, looking at some complaints, I have read that the fan housing makes the card too 'thick' for 2 GPUs to fit on some motherboards.

Now this leads me to ask, could I use two of these on a Gigabyte 790-FXTA?

If not, how about a MSI 790FX-GD70?

My last question would be, if I purchase the PCS+, and purchase, say, an XFX one in the future (one which is only thick enough to take up 2 expansion slots snugly), would I be able to fit the XFX one first, then the thicker PCS+ in front of it without any problems (overheating, etc.)?

I'm fairly new to this whole computer building scene and would appreciate to be informed when building my first build. Thanks!

SUPER NAME

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

I was considering that, but shouldn't I wait for the 890FX boards which are reportedly coming out on Monday?

Hmm April 26th would also see the successor to the 770 chipset the 870 and if u have not bought that 5770 consider a cut down board and splashing on a HD 5850 instead? Stick to single GPU solutions and just upgrade to the next GPU that offers amongst the best $$/frames later down the road ^^