Sign in with
Your question

Ati 5870 hihg temperature? card installed wrong?plz help (

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 29, 2010 8:00:45 PM

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1080/12/

Is this installation ok? There is no space between "two red holes in the end of 3d card". Idle temperature is 45c! In furmark stability test it was 90c when i turned program off. Plz help and sorry my bad english )

a c 147 U Graphics card
March 29, 2010 8:22:22 PM

What are your ambient temps? They play a huge part. 90C is still ok for a 5870 under heavy load. What are your in game temps? I'm sure MUCH lower. I hit hit about 88C in OCCT GPu test which hammers it.
a c 106 U Graphics card
March 29, 2010 9:06:55 PM

Yup, 5870s run hot. It seems like with the stock cooler, not too much air gets pushed out those two little vents in the back so I guess it's not a big deal. I have the Ultra Durable Gigabyte with the funky cooler so I don't know for sure, but that's what I gather from the reviews. Anyway, like jay said, 90C is o.k for the card under heavy load.
Related resources
a c 147 U Graphics card
March 29, 2010 11:32:58 PM

your cooling setup look good, that top blowhole always adds a little extra exhaust. But in a mid size case they do run hot and if your ambient temps are warmer than most it will heat up. Most reviews are performed around 20C which is 68F. A few degrees more and it will run hotter. Right now I am cooking, I have a studio and my PC is basically in my kitchen. I am idling 2F hotter.
April 1, 2010 9:56:16 PM

Hi!Problem was in ambient temp. It was 27c ). Now its 20-21c and idle temp 37-38c )))...In game temp 60-70. Ty 2 everyone who answered!
July 18, 2010 3:42:35 AM

megamanx00 said:
Yup, 5870s run hot. It seems like with the stock cooler, not too much air gets pushed out those two little vents in the back so I guess it's not a big deal. I have the Ultra Durable Gigabyte with the funky cooler so I don't know for sure, but that's what I gather from the reviews. Anyway, like jay said, 90C is o.k for the card under heavy load.

hi...nice to know you... i have the same rig with yours. not quite same. but i used 790gx motherboard with 955 BE phenom II x4.
i use HIS 5870 reference cooler. the question i'd like to ask, did you have a "bottleneck" when u tested, or playing games. thanks.
cos i feel, in some of the games i played, the FPS sometimes dropped about 25-28 fps in a second. thanks for your help. :bounce: 
!