Lap_ik

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1080/12/

xyLc3.jpg

tKTiING27M

2mRKunmYfi

WnqEt.jpg

Is this installation ok? There is no space between "two red holes in the end of 3d card". Idle temperature is 45c! In furmark stability test it was 90c when i turned program off. Plz help and sorry my bad english )

What are your ambient temps? They play a huge part. 90C is still ok for a 5870 under heavy load. What are your in game temps? I'm sure MUCH lower. I hit hit about 88C in OCCT GPu test which hammers it.

Yup, 5870s run hot. It seems like with the stock cooler, not too much air gets pushed out those two little vents in the back so I guess it's not a big deal. I have the Ultra Durable Gigabyte with the funky cooler so I don't know for sure, but that's what I gather from the reviews. Anyway, like jay said, 90C is o.k for the card under heavy load.

your cooling setup look good, that top blowhole always adds a little extra exhaust. But in a mid size case they do run hot and if your ambient temps are warmer than most it will heat up. Most reviews are performed around 20C which is 68F. A few degrees more and it will run hotter. Right now I am cooking, I have a studio and my PC is basically in my kitchen. I am idling 2F hotter.

Lap_ik

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Hi!Problem was in ambient temp. It was 27c ). Now its 20-21c and idle temp 37-38c )))...In game temp 60-70. Ty 2 everyone who answered!

gates7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

hi...nice to know you... i have the same rig with yours. not quite same. but i used 790gx motherboard with 955 BE phenom II x4.
i use HIS 5870 reference cooler. the question i'd like to ask, did you have a "bottleneck" when u tested, or playing games. thanks.
cos i feel, in some of the games i played, the FPS sometimes dropped about 25-28 fps in a second. thanks for your help. :bounce: