Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Processors
  • Gateway
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 1, 2010 8:48:30 PM

Hello,
once I turn on my Gateway laptop NV78 duo processor, it says to "press F2 to enter setup" then once you press F2, it says "Please wait..." and nothing ever happens. won't turn on. not sure what category this goes in...

More about : gateway laptop nv78 duo processor problem

July 1, 2010 8:52:37 PM

Is there any reason why you're trying to go into the BIOS (setup)?
m
l
July 3, 2010 11:16:19 PM

no, just trying to turn on the computer. not trying to change settings of any sort, it won't get past that to turn on and so I can use it
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 9, 2010 6:45:58 AM

I have the same computer with the same exact problem. What were you doing right before you shut the computer down? Did you have any peripherals connected? I was trying to sync up some music to my phone, but it wouldn't connect so I decided to restart my computer. That is when it stopped working. Any help would be much appreciated. I still have it under warranty so, if I can't problem solve it myself, once I get it repaired I will be sure to report back.
m
l
May 3, 2011 2:25:17 PM

Quote:
I have the same computer with the same exact problem. What were you doing right before you shut the computer down? Did you have any peripherals connected? I was trying to sync up some music to my phone, but it wouldn't connect so I decided to restart my computer. That is when it stopped working. Any help would be much appreciated. I still have it under warranty so, if I can't problem solve it myself, once I get it repaired I will be sure to report back.

Have you gotten it repaired ? What was the problem ? I have the same computer, and the same exact problem... but it is not under warranty... Thank you..
m
l
May 10, 2011 2:10:51 PM

it was under warranty luckily at less than a year old, I think it needed a new motherboard, but honestly it has been so long I can't completely remember. must be a crappy model because we had only used the computer a handful of times! but I know the warranty saved us hundreds of $$s. Good luck!
m
l
April 13, 2013 6:53:20 AM

erjacobs00 said:
it was under warranty luckily at less than a year old, I think it needed a new motherboard, but honestly it has been so long I can't completely remember. must be a crappy model because we had only used the computer a handful of times! but I know the warranty saved us hundreds of $$s. Good luck!

actually u didn't save anything whenever you phone is hooked up to the computer on reboot the computer recognize the phone as a hard drive and get hunged up searching for boot files if you unplug ur phone or any type of media dive the computer will start rite up....
m
l
!