Sign in with
Your question

Can't decide on full tower case

Last response: in Components
July 1, 2010 10:31:59 PM

At the moment I'm trying to decide on a case for my first build. Size isn't a concern, so I'm looking at those on the large side for future upgradability.

So far, I've narrowed it down to two options, but I'm having trouble deciding upon which to choose.

The first case is the Cooler Master ATCS 840 in black, which I can get refurbished for £112.50 .

The second option I'm looking at is a Lian Li PC-A70B, which is £141.83 new.

Out of the two, which do you think is the best option, and why? Are there any other suggestions you would make?

Thanks,
und

More about : decide full tower case

July 1, 2010 10:44:58 PM

Cooler Master Cosmos S.

Refurbished from the Cool Master website $119.99US.
July 1, 2010 10:46:49 PM

Tell us what your going to do with this computer or what to want to put inside.
Related resources
a c 91 ) Power supply
July 2, 2010 2:21:22 AM

See both the cases in person and then decide for yourself.. Personally, i'd recommend getting the Lian-Li.. Its gorgeous..
July 2, 2010 3:19:57 AM

Coolermaster ATCS 840, easy choice. It's an awesome case.
July 2, 2010 3:47:55 AM

what about the corsair obsidian 800d this thing is huge.
July 2, 2010 5:54:10 AM

mhelm1 said:
Tell us what your going to do with this computer or what to want to put inside.

It's going to be my first build, and it will likely not contain anything larger than an ATX board in the short term, with an i7 and large heatsink. The reason I want a large case is so that I have options for water cooling, 5.25' drives and 3.5' drives. Also, I don't really want my case to be confined inside.
July 2, 2010 5:59:52 AM

Quote:
Cooler Master Cosmos S.

Refurbished from the Cool Master website $119.99US.

I don't live in the US, but I can get that used from eBay. Why is it better than the 840?

Quote:
See both the cases in person and then decide for yourself.. Personally, i'd recommend getting the Lian-Li.. Its gorgeous..

I don't really know where I could go to see these both in person. I live in London. If you have any ideas please tell me.

Quote:
Coolermaster ATCS 840, easy choice. It's an awesome case.

Is the build quality as good as the Lian Li?

Quote:
what about the corsair obsidian 800d this thing is huge.

That's a bit too expensive for me.

Sorry for the double post, but apparently I'm not allowed to edit.

Thanks
a c 254 ) Power supply
July 2, 2010 6:13:23 AM

The Corsair Obsidian is not a great case for air cooling but is great if you use water cooling. To me the best full towers for air are the Antec 1200 and Coolermaster Haf 932. Both offer amazing cooling along with plenty of room and good cable management. The Antec 1200 has specific ports for water cooling as well......I can not remember if the Haf does as well or not.
a c 91 ) Power supply
July 2, 2010 10:44:18 AM

If you find the obsidian expensive then same would be the case with lian-li.. They are costly.. The cooler master ATCS is too plain but very roomy.. Though again, the air cooling is not great.. You should look at mid towers for the best air cooling setup.. If for some reason you need a full tower only, then your best bet would be the cooler master HAF-X..
July 2, 2010 11:57:14 AM

the cm haf x best airflow case and can do watercooling overy very huge can hold xl-atx mobo's
a b ) Power supply
July 2, 2010 4:14:46 PM

+1 for the cooler master haf 932.

and it does have some built in ports for water cooling
July 2, 2010 4:18:19 PM

How future proofed would I be if I got something like the Cooler Master HAF-X? The Lian-Li PC-A70B is roughly the same price, so out of those two which would be the best?

Thanks for all the replies so far
July 2, 2010 4:56:53 PM

und said:
How future proofed would I be if I got something like the Cooler Master HAF-X? The Lian-Li PC-A70B is roughly the same price, so out of those two which would be the best?

Thanks for all the replies so far

cooling haf-x is better

looks haf-x is better imo

room haf-x is better

quality lian li but the haf-x is also great quality
a c 91 ) Power supply
July 2, 2010 6:44:11 PM

mrhoshos96 said:
looks haf-x is better imo

The HAF-X is a little better looking compared to the previous HAF models but it no way comes even near to the lian-li appeal.. And the PC-A70 is roomy enough (see it in person).. The only thing HAF-X has better is the number of PCI expansion slots and may be black interior coating.. Cooling wise the lian-li will be equally good and more silent..
a b ) Power supply
July 2, 2010 6:57:57 PM
!