Sign in with
Your question

WHAT CASE IN THAT CP BANNER AD?

Last response: in Systems
April 24, 2010 1:04:29 AM

A moment befor I composed this post, I was perusing the Forum banner advertisement, that our ullustrious sponsor, CP, has pasted there ...

... I am trying to figure out what model of PC case that ad graphic is depicting ?

... What model case is that and what is all that busy-looking color detail, at the top third of the front panel ?

Is there a BioStar uATX inside?

= alvin =

More about : case banner

Related resources
April 27, 2010 12:36:25 AM

Bingo, on that one ... (Best Answer) but, what of the panel bling?

= Al =
m
l
April 27, 2010 1:14:38 AM

I was right on the Cooler Master ATCS 840 on the side banner... Didn't know you wanted the top banner. :) 
m
l
April 27, 2010 1:36:29 AM

The question is.... WTH don't you guys have Firefox + AdBlock Plus + NoScript installed?!?!?!

Ads are sooooo.... 2007ish.
m
l
April 27, 2010 3:02:02 AM

tecmo34 said:
I was right on the Cooler Master ATCS 840 on the side banner... Didn't know you wanted the top banner. :) 

Yes ... you were correct on that, too, but what I did not know, at the time I OP'd was that CP was sharing the side banner with Storm Force, and that CP was also sharing the top banner with some family tree type site.

... In CP's favor, I like the "looks" of the top banner artwork ... has that "christmas toy" look" ...

... I am actually pondering the Scout+Sentry, at this time ... just kind of nice tech look and the case seems to be very functional and well equipped.

= Al = Thank You CP ! ! ! for sourcing me some fairly decent parts (that also look pretty cool).

Wish I could share the Best Answer with everybody ... hmmmm ....
I can't see who has the least points .. from this edit screen.

God, knows Randomizer does not "need" the points ... I know that tecmo busts his tail (all the time) ... Hope you guys don't mind if I give the points to the junior, here ... I do value the Sentry link as much.

... I'll owe you guys one. (each)

Best answer for the sentry link ... even tho the Thread Subject Challenge didn't even mention it.

Thanks EVERYBODY ... VERY MUCH ... You are great guys!

[:bilbat:5]

m
l
April 27, 2010 3:05:41 AM

Shadow703793 said:
The question is.... WTH don't you guys have Firefox + AdBlock Plus + NoScript installed?!?!?!

Ads are sooooo.... 2007ish.

I just read how ad blockers hurt you preferred site's revenue ... besides, every once in a while, I do see an ad that I "want" to see ... I mean, this IS a targeted segment. I just hate the ones that get in your face or are imbedded in the article text ... that is evil.

= Al =
m
l
April 27, 2010 3:07:19 AM

Best answer selected by Alvin Smith.
m
l
April 27, 2010 3:16:47 AM

Alvin, here is a review of the NZXT Sentry LX that is somewhat critical of it, suggesting that the Sentry 2 might be a better choice.

I had been looking at the LX until I read that review. I've purchased the Sentry 2 & tested it, and it seems pretty decent. Since I didn't buy the LX, I can't directly compare them, but all of the features mentioned as lacking in the LX but present in the 2 were quite nice to have.
m
l
April 27, 2010 3:30:38 AM

coldsleep said:
Alvin, here is a review of the NZXT Sentry LX that is somewhat critical of it, suggesting that the Sentry 2 might be a better choice.

I had been looking at the LX until I read that review. I've purchased the Sentry 2 & tested it, and it seems pretty decent. Since I didn't buy the LX, I can't directly compare them, but all of the features mentioned as lacking in the LX but present in the 2 were quite nice to have.

Good to know (great, actually) ... I am just starting to ponder a case (tho I have an old RAIDMAX that will go "landfill" ... and it would work.

If I DO smend that much on a Temp Display with fan controllers, I obviously do not want crap, when better is available at the same price range ...

... BTW ... This is the very first such control panel I have ever perused so, If there is anything else I should know. ... ... ?

= Thanks ! =
m
l
April 27, 2010 3:55:19 AM

Alvin Smith said:
Good to know (great, actually) ... I am just starting to ponder a case (tho I have an old RAIDMAX that will go "landfill" ... and it would work.

If I DO smend that much on a Temp Display with fan controllers, I obviously do not want crap, when better is available at the same price range ...

... BTW ... This is the very first such control panel I have ever perused so, If there is anything else I should know. ... ... ?

= Thanks ! =

Also Sentry 2 takes SUBSTANTIAL modding to mount in a toolless case. I put it in a Raidmax Enzo case for my friend and basically showed him how the sensors detect the temperature and adjust fan speed to reduce temperature.

I did this because it never had a firm 2 sided mount and I didnt want him pressing the touch panel because too much pressure and it would press into the case.

I still need to go back and tweak that...

Also the 5 fan wires and 5 sensor wires make for some TERRIBLE wire management issues.
m
l
April 27, 2010 6:29:42 AM

Well ... all my builds look like a crochet' rats nest ... so does my entire studio ... it is almost laughably hopeless. I just have an "untangle fest" whenever physics dictate. It just blows my mind how all these cables seem to tie THEMSELVES all up in knots ... like within six weeks of a complete studio rebuild (once a year). I'm real bad about re-stowing old projects and returning the cables to storage because I always think I might just do one more tweak on that acoustic multitrak project. my mixers look like some hydra on steroids ... aw, hell , I love it!

= WIRES ! ! =
m
l
April 27, 2010 1:53:09 PM

Quote:

God, knows Randomizer does not "need" the points ... I know that tecmo busts his tail (all the time) ... Hope you guys don't mind if I give the points to the junior, here ... I do value the Sentry link as much.

Hmm.... :lol:  randomizer never showed up in this thread.....

Quote:
I just read how ad blockers hurt you preferred site's revenue

I'll stop using AdBlock on this site if they clean up their act (ie. get rid of the Inteli text text based ads)
m
l
April 27, 2010 5:19:05 PM

Shadow703793 said:
Hmm.... :lol:  randomizer never showed up in this thread.....

Jeeesh! ... Yuck-it-up, Tom-Cat !

If you guys are working the same threads and using the same Avitar, you should certainly expect confusion!

I thot there was some sort of unwritten rule that Avitars should be unique ... especially for regulars/vets/addicts+ ... Why?

Who is spoofing who? ... I mean ... what is the upshot of that ... humor? ... Couldn't be coincidence ... Hmmm ? ... Twins? .. Married? .. Dating? .. Clones?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...

= Make life just a little harder ... will ya? =

= !?! =
m
l
April 27, 2010 10:07:26 PM

Quote:

Who is spoofing who? ... I mean ... what is the upshot of that ... humor? ... Couldn't be coincidence ... Hmmm ? ... Twins? .. Married? .. Dating? .. Clones?

We are Borg. Resistance is Futile.
m
l
April 27, 2010 10:18:31 PM

Meow ... We are BORG, ... meow-meow ...

= 7 of 9 =
m
l
April 27, 2010 11:37:19 PM

I'll jump the one on the LEFT ! ! ! (You take the skinny blonde) .... buzzzzz ... whirrrrr ... pop !
m
l
May 2, 2010 11:13:42 PM

Alvin Smith said:
I'll jump the one on the LEFT ! ! ! (You take the skinny blonde) .... buzzzzz ... whirrrrr ... pop !

Blonde? Realy?
m
l
May 2, 2010 11:18:49 PM

builderbobftw said:
Blonde? Realy?

... sigh ... BOB ... Bob ... Gob .. bob - bob .... Jeeeesh!

... Some .. TIMES ... ~"You just can't see the forest for the bushes ! ".

I mean ! ... With implants like THOSE ?! ... Who CARES what color their hair is !!

= Al =
m
l
May 2, 2010 11:21:00 PM

It's the same skank in different stages of modification ... no?

= Al = Long as the hydraulics are up to snuff. ... I just hope THIS one has an "OFF" button !

m
l
May 2, 2010 11:21:36 PM

I think (hope) Alvin meant the one on right or the "red head" but I can't speak for Alvin's taste though.
m
l
May 2, 2010 11:49:33 PM

Alvin Smith said:
... sigh ... BOB ... Bob ... Gob .. bob - bob .... Jeeeesh!

... Some .. TIMES ... ~"You just can't see the forest for the bushes ! ".

I mean ! ... With implants like THOSE ?! ... Who CARES what color their hair is !!

= Al =

I was afraid you were collorblind for a sec......
m
l
!