Shuttle SD30G2

Hi there,

I have a Shuttle XPC SD30G2 which is a Socket 775 system running a Core2Duo CPU. I want to upgrade to a Core i3/5/7 CPU. What motherboard will i need to buy to put it in this case. Is it even possible?

I contacted shuttle and they said i have to buy a whole new Shuttle system.
5 answers Last reply
More about shuttle sd30g2
  1. That's probably true. Shuttle puts non conforming boards in their boxes. Just like some old early IBM systems, so you have to buy from them. When I worked at IBM about twenty years ago, I bought a refurbished 486 system for the employee price of $899. The board had a bad mouse port, so I sent it back in, and it took over two weeks for a replacement system. I vowed to build my own from then on.
  2. o1die said:
    That's probably true. Shuttle puts non conforming boards in their boxes. Just like some old early IBM systems, so you have to buy from them. When I worked at IBM about twenty years ago, I bought a refurbished 486 system for the employee price of $899. The board had a bad mouse port, so I sent it back in, and it took over two weeks for a replacement system. I vowed to build my own from then on.

thanks for that. one would have thought that there would be another board that would fit into this unit. surely i cant be the first person that has wanted to do this. ahhh well, i guess i'll have to get rid of the shuttle and build a tower from scratch. i liked the shuttle because of its size. to buy a new shuttle, its too much for me.
  3. You can build some small PC's using the microATX form factor, and slimmer ones if you get a slim case. WHile it wont be as small as the shuttle it will still be a respectable size.
  4. Can i put a microATX board in a shuttle case?
  5. No. Very unlikely. You're welcome to try, but shop anyway for a micro atx htpc case so when you see it doesn't fit, you're ready to order. I use the newegg specials; they sometimes have regular stand up cases for $20-25 shipped in their email promos. Htpc starts at around $50. In today's ad, frys in stores only (as far as I know) has a zotac amd mini itx board that uses ddr2 for $35, the same board they sold on black friday for $15 after rebate. It works with nearly all am2 or am3 cpus up to 95 watts.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Shuttle CPUs