Installing a windows 7 on new mBoard ,memory and CPU

uvehon

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
(I have XP Pro 32) I'm about to install a windows 7 Pro 64 and I will have to change CPU , Motherboard and RAM ...
What is the best way to do it? Do I just change CPU , M-board , RAM and then put windows 7CD in drive to install. in BIOS..???
Will I be able to do it from wind 7 CD with my old hard drive (with old XP ) and all new motherBoard CPU and RAM????
Please advise with details if possible.
Thanks a million !!!

uvehon

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

I will need to install new Windows 7 on my old hard drive that is why not sure if I will be able to do it with all new hardware.
So is it better to perform an NTFS format on this old hard drive before I boot new windows 7 CD?????
Or it will make no difference?

Just be aware that Win 7 OEM cannot be transferred from one computer to another! If you have the RETAIL version of Win 7, you may uninstall from one computer and re-install on a different computer, in accordance with Microsoft's license agreement.

Changing (upgrading) hardware will result in a "new" computer, and you may be out of luck with the OEM version of Win 7.

Make a call to Microsoft and discuss your particular situation. In some instances, Microsoft may issue you an Activation Code to activate the product, but this is not something that you are entitled to with the OEM version.