Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Unable to locate sm bus drivers

Last response: in Windows XP
January 8, 2013 9:39:28 PM

I had to install a new hard drive (the old drive controller board went bad) and I am unable to access the recovery partition.

The computer is a Compaq SR1922X with an A8N-LA ASUS motherboard. I updated XP to the latest SP3 and allowed Windows Update to run until no more updates were found. I found all of the other drivers on HP's web site at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=...

After that, I downloaded and installed the latest nVidia 6150LE chipset drivers, then even updated THAT from Device Manager.

I am still unable to locate a driver for the SM Bus Controller.

After spending all day trying to find this.... I am totally LOST. Please HELP!!!

Thanks.
a b \ Driver
January 8, 2013 10:39:16 PM

SM Bus Contoller drivers are part of the chipset drivers.
m
l
January 8, 2013 10:55:35 PM

Like I said, I downloaded and installed the latest nVidia 6150LE chipset drivers, then even updated THAT from Device Manager. Still no SM Bus drivers.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b \ Driver
January 8, 2013 11:02:24 PM

SP26741.exe

The correct drivers are in there. I've installed from this very executable many times for clients. If auto install fails then go to manual install.
January 8, 2013 11:37:12 PM

I will try that in the morning. Thank you. Just for future reference, which package is this? Because I thought I downloaded all of the drivers associated with this system. Thanks again.
m
l
January 8, 2013 11:42:44 PM

Nevermind... I am an idiot. Somehow I didn't even see that one. D'oh. Thank you again. And again :) 
m
l
January 18, 2013 10:57:02 PM

Best answer selected by rebeltaz.
m
l
!