DAVE DENALI

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
QUICK QUESTION - I BOUGHT PINNACLE STUDIO 14 ULTIMATE COLLECTION AND I HAD TO UPGRADE TO A BETTER GRAPHIX CARD IN ORDER TO RUN THIS PROGRAM - I PURCHASED THE 1GB ATI RADEON 4350 DIRECT 10X GRAPHICS CARD & A 450 WATT POWER SUPPLY, AFTER INSTALLING BOTH ACCESSORIES, PINNACLE STUDIO 14 LAGS LIKE CRAZY WHEN I APPLY AVCHD VIDEO FILES TO PINNACLES TIMELINE ( TO BEGIN EDITING ) EVEN IF I APPLY THE HD VIDEO TO VEGAS PRO 9 IT LAGS ALSO AND IM WONDERING SHOULD I HAVE GOTTEN A BIGGER SIZE CARD CAUSE THIS PROBLEM IS REALLY FUSTRATING ? MY COMPUTER IS A GATE WAY LX 6000 SERIES. AMD PHENOM 9500 QUAD CORE PROCESSER 750 RAM 2TB HARD DRIVE 64 BIT WINDOWS 7. AS FAR AS SPECS & DRIVERS GO, I HAVE IT ALL GOING FOR ME SO IM REALLY STARTING TO BELIEVE THAT THE AT 4350 IS GIVING ME THE ISSUE OVERALL -- HELP PLEASE ??

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
It is probably actually 768MB of ram, but shows as closer to 750. Whatever the case, I have not used that program, but it seems quite likely to me that you need more RAM to run it well especially since you are running 64bit Win 7- I'm actually impressed you can RUN that program AND win7 64bit at all. It is possible you are a little low on graphics power still as the 4350 is pretty low quality and probably not much better than an integrated card, but still- RAM is probably your first bottleneck.

DAVE DENALI

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
so do you think i need an better intergrated card for avchd video even tho i just installed this ati radeon 4350 direct 10x ? Pinnacles only uses a max of 250mb from the card & mine is ( 1gb ) ? Or If its my ram either way throw me suggestions on what to do, so i can try your suggestions and report the outcome back on this website,, if that dont doesent work then we can continue trying to nail this issue on the head and get it completely resolved.. thanks alot for your responses guys.. im just really tired of it being quite possibly various options when i have a great computer and should be no reason for all this headache,, by the way pinnacle studio 14 is windows 7 compatible and does run with my computer, 32bit or 64 bit isint really a question at all cause 7 is the compatibility overall.. pinnacles requires that you have atleast and ( athlon 1.8 ) / i have and amd phenom 2.2 quad core ( so it surpasses the actual requirements. ) Another thing also maybe very important, when i do a 3D test,, 3 outta 4 pass,, the 4th reads -> (( HD NOT IN REAL TIME )) well if im recording & editing hd video and my computers reading hd not real time that sounds like an issue right there to me & I dont know how to make my computer read as -- > HD REAL TIME PASSED..

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
You need more RAM. Your video card should be ok, but you need more system RAM. 750 MB is just NOT enough to run win7 64 well, much less a somewhat intensive program like that. I would get at least 1Gb more ram, if not 2.

DAVE DENALI

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Question 1 ? Should i not be running windows 7 ???
should i be running vista - this computer came with vista home premiuim
and i upgraded to 7 cause i didnt like vista -> so should i go back to vista and my system will run better to support pinnacle.

Question 2 ? how do i upgrade ram ( and do i upgrade ram (and ) keep w/7 or no )

DAVE DENALI

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
yoooo guys im sooooo sorry - LOLOL - I have (( 8GB )) of ram !!!!!!! lololol !!!!!!! SORRY MY MISTAKE -- moving right along now what do i do ?? is it still a ram issue ya think or no ??

DAVE DENALI

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
so ct ? hear me out here - my ram is 8gb and its not the issue right ? so then if the card is the issue hypthetically speaking and if i upgrade to the 4650 like you said - > 1... Is 4650 512mb a huge difference oposed to the 4350 1gb ? like will this make my 3d test read as HD REAL TIME once i install the card cause it does not do so now when i do the 3d test ? and will it also completey rid the problem of lagging in pinnacle ??

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Ok- if you have 8 gb of ram, you're not gonna have any trouble with that lol! Win 7 is much better than Vista and uses less resources too, so its much better. Upgrading to a 4650 is a solid upgrade from what you have now. I don't know anything about 3d test or whatever that is you are running, but it should be much closer than what you have currently. The most powerful graphics card you could run in your current system is a Radeon 5670, but faster than that and you'll need a PSU upgrade. I wish I knew more about Pinnacle so I could tell you what will run it best, but I believe that a GPU upgrade will make a solid difference.

budtow

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
I also bought the same card for my quadcore HP. I am unsatified with the results. preview is choppy and my Vitascene says that the card is not compatible and won't work. This is the first Radeon card I have bought. I have alway stuck with Nvidia nad had no problems.

Buddy

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
We still didn't take into consideration that the ram may still be at fault. Even with 8gb, one stick of ram not working properly could be the problem.
Go with a 4650 512gb/1gb(Really doesn't matter in what you're doing.)