Viewing JPEGs on CD

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 7, 2004 4:23:52 PM

Just bought my first digital camera - a Nikon Coolpix 4100. Very pleased so
far with the results. Have a problem, however, with viewing images burnt
onto a CD-R in my DVD player.
The DVD player is a Toshiba SD-330E and I have had no problems in viewing
picture images on CD-R's that other people have given me. I've just burnt 24
photos onto a CD-R using the Picture Project software that came with the
camera. I can view all the pictures on the CD on my PC but when I place the
CD-R in the DVD player it only shows the first picture in the collection -
and very poorly at that! Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong? I know that
the DVD player is capable of showing image files - but don't know why it
wont show the ones that I have just created.

Cheers

Kev

More about : viewing jpegs

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 4:23:53 PM

Uno Hoo! wrote:
> Just bought my first digital camera - a Nikon Coolpix 4100. Very pleased so
> far with the results. Have a problem, however, with viewing images burnt
> onto a CD-R in my DVD player.
> The DVD player is a Toshiba SD-330E and I have had no problems in viewing
> picture images on CD-R's that other people have given me. I've just burnt 24
> photos onto a CD-R using the Picture Project software that came with the
> camera. I can view all the pictures on the CD on my PC but when I place the
> CD-R in the DVD player it only shows the first picture in the collection -
> and very poorly at that! Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong? I know that
> the DVD player is capable of showing image files - but don't know why it
> wont show the ones that I have just created.
>
> Cheers
>
> Kev

Do you have another Photo Editor besides Picture Project?
Sometimes OEM software is of low quality since it's free.
Just enough to get your images on the computer but no more.
If possible try another photo editor, Irfanview (free) Photoshop, or
Paint Shop Pro...etc.
Bob Williams
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 4:49:05 PM

Uno Hoo! wrote:

> I can view all the pictures on the CD on my PC
> but when I place the CD-R in the DVD player
> it only shows the first picture in the collection - and very poorly at
> that!

Review your DVD player documents. Some DVD
players state in the small print that only CD-RWs
will work for viewing images. I had the same
problem as you with my Sony, switched to CD-RW
and the problem disappeared.
December 7, 2004 5:22:52 PM

"Uno Hoo!" <kev@dropthisbigfoot.com> wrote in message

> I can view all the pictures on the CD on my PC but when I place the CD-R
> in the DVD player it only shows the first picture in the collection - and
> very poorly at that! Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong? I know that
> the DVD player is capable of showing image files - but don't know why it
> wont show the ones that I have just created.

Did you finalize the CD before viewing it on the DVD player?
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 6:50:19 PM

"Andrew Koenig" <ark@acm.org> wrote in message
> "Uno Hoo!" <kev@dropthisbigfoot.com> wrote in message
>
>> I can view all the pictures on the CD on my PC but when I place the CD-R
>> in the DVD player it only shows the first picture in the collection - and
>> very poorly at that! Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong? I know that
>> the DVD player is capable of showing image files - but don't know why it
>> wont show the ones that I have just created.
>
> Did you finalize the CD before viewing it on the DVD player?

Excuse my ignorance but how do I do that? The Nikon Picture Project
software has a 'burn' button. You select the collection of photos that you
want to burn and then click the button (you can select whether you want to
burn a back-up copy or a copy for sharing on either pc or tv), Once the burn
is complete the CD self ejects from the drive. Since my initial post I have
burned a second copy of the photos and this time I managed to get a complete
set of thumbnails to appear on the TV via the DVD player. The quality was
very poor on the shown pictures, however, and over half were completely
corrupted. This same CD, again, shows perfectly when viewed via my PC,
however.

Kev
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 10:25:14 PM

Have you had any question yet? If possible , you can just have a try
with the photo2dvd(or photo2vcd) by wondershare.It may help you.
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 1:57:41 PM

"Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote in message

> Uno Hoo! wrote:
>> Just bought my first digital camera - a Nikon Coolpix 4100. Very pleased
>> so far with the results. Have a problem, however, with viewing images
>> burnt onto a CD-R in my DVD player.
>> The DVD player is a Toshiba SD-330E and I have had no problems in viewing
>> picture images on CD-R's that other people have given me. I've just burnt
>> 24 photos onto a CD-R using the Picture Project software that came with
>> the camera. I can view all the pictures on the CD on my PC but when I
>> place the CD-R in the DVD player it only shows the first picture in the
>> collection - and very poorly at that! Anyone any idea what I am doing
>> wrong? I know that the DVD player is capable of showing image files -
>> but don't know why it wont show the ones that I have just created.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Kev
> Do you have another Photo Editor besides Picture Project?
> Sometimes OEM software is of low quality since it's free.
> Just enough to get your images on the computer but no more.
> If possible try another photo editor, Irfanview (free) Photoshop, or Paint
> Shop Pro...etc.
> Bob Williams

Thanks for that Bob. I do have Photodeluxe Home Edition and will give that a
try.

Kev
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 1:59:47 PM

"Mickey Dunston" <md588@wilberforce.grn> wrote in message
> Uno Hoo! wrote:
>
>> I can view all the pictures on the CD on my PC
>> but when I place the CD-R in the DVD player
>> it only shows the first picture in the collection - and very poorly at
>> that!
>
> Review your DVD player documents. Some DVD
> players state in the small print that only CD-RWs
> will work for viewing images. I had the same
> problem as you with my Sony, switched to CD-RW
> and the problem disappeared.

I have tried a CD-RW and there is no difference - the DVD player sits there
with 'Loading' scrolling across the small display for ages and then
eventually the image viewer appears on the screen but only one of the
thumbnail's appear. With a lot of fiddling I can get the other images to
display one by one but most are seriously corrupted.

Kev
!