ASUS M4A785TD-EVO

satelliteone

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
I am so discusted with ASUS.

And ps.. my first post too.. HELLO toms HARDWARE...

My mobo`s 8+2 Phase power system decided to pop it clogs. Or it seems like that, the 12V side decided not to work. The system was running sweet for 11 months, perfect.

Till one day i powered up the PC and bleeep bleeeeep...SO after changing the PSU/CPU/Memory Nope no go!.. somthin has gone down on the mobo.

SO..I RMA the board to asus saying its forked. It cost me the 3rd of the price of the board to send it back, they said a small fee (yeah right) somthing to do with insurance an post.., as i cant remember who i bought it off new, so they give an address to send it back too, and take a payment from my card.

This was back in Nov 2010,, and todate still no mobo, Email after email, i do not get any joy. All they say is ring this number, so i have, and get, it might be 3 weeks, it might be when ever. ..grrrrrr

Its a Key system, that i used for personal use with personal data, and my main gaming machine. Iam stuck on this really slow laptop.

My question is, what manufacturer is ten times better with support if things goes tits up?

Thinking of buying another new mobo, as i cant stick this!.

Sod ya ASUS! last time i buy new from ya.

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
Hello i am sorry to hear that. Go ahead and buy a new board for sure. And if Asus let you down go for GIGABYTE. They are great. I am using the Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H its been nothing but reliable for me. If you are not using Crossfire or SLI and you are using DDR 2 still i would buy it at newegg its around $70. I hope i help.

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008

Ok i see your board was a ddr 3 board. Like i said anyways go for Gigabyte

satelliteone

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks chap, i think i shall, is that a SB710/750 southbridge on the MA785GM-US2H?

, Yup its DDR3. Kingston Hyperx 1600 too :) as in your avator..