Antec 900 Fans and PSU Molex Connectors

shockem

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Hey guys, I was just wondering what I do with a certain connector. This is my situation.

The Antec 900 has 4 built in fans... I have 2 cables running from my PSU that have 2 Molex connectors each and another smaller 4-pin female. I assumed that the 4-pin small connector goes into the fan 4-pin male on the MOBO. Before I have actually turned this on I read that I should not plug that in at all (the small 4-pin) and just plug the fans into the Molex cables considering they have a small wire switch with each fan for low medium and high.

What do I do? I only have a spot on my MOBO for 1 fan connection of 4-pin, although my MOBO has a spot that says fan 2 but there isn't anything there lol.

:bounce:

Solution

Plug the case's fans into the...

Plug the case's fans into the Molex connectors from the PSU. Some PSUs have a fan connector coming from the PSU for the motherboard to monitor PSU fan speed. You do not need to plug that in, particularly if you only have one fan connector. That one would most likely be for the CPU heatsink fan (which MUST be plugged in for your system to work.)

Solution