PSU/voltage question?

trenchtoaster

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Input Voltage 100 - 240 V
Input Frequency Range 50/60 Hz
Output +3.3V@24A,+5V@30A,+12V@52A, -12V@0.8A,+5VSB@3.0A

Will my PSU work if I plug it into a 220 volt wall socket? I brought my desktop computer with me to the philippines and I really do not want to surge it or anything (last year i brought my xbox to the philippines and I fried it by plugging it in directly to the wall).

In the USA the voltage is 110 and in the PHIL it is 220 and if I am reading that correctly then the input voltage is fine and should work, right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

Solution
Yes it will work fine, it has an active PFC so there is no slider switch to play around with, it has on board circuitry that detects and adjusts the input voltage to whatever it needs. Thats one of the biggest advantages to active PFC units, they work anywhere in the world.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
There is usually a recessed (rectangular) hole with a red slider switch, on the back of the PSU that will let you use a screwdriver to select the proper voltage ... It should look like a cut-out "window" where you can read which Voltage is selected ... do you see it?

Shold be somewhere near the main (rocker) power switch or near the cord socket.

= Alvin =

Yes it will work fine, it has an active PFC so there is no slider switch to play around with, it has on board circuitry that detects and adjusts the input voltage to whatever it needs. Thats one of the biggest advantages to active PFC units, they work anywhere in the world.

Solution