Can Adobe Photoshop save edited photos back to memory card??

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 7, 2004 9:48:56 AM

I'm thinking of buying the HP Photosmart 375 printer. This "dedicated"
printer accepts a SanDisk memory card and produces 4X6 prints. If I
buy Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing the SanDisk photos on my
computer, can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk
card (otherwise I can't print them on the HP 375). Thanks for the info!
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 3:33:48 PM

abresq@aol.com wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying the HP Photosmart 375 printer. This "dedicated"
> printer accepts a SanDisk memory card and produces 4X6 prints. If I
> buy Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing the SanDisk photos on my
> computer, can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk
> card (otherwise I can't print them on the HP 375). Thanks for the info!

Certainly, but that doesn't mean you will be able to print them on the
HP 375 printer. It may be that it requires its own format...
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 6:22:02 PM

>From: abresq@aol.com

>I'm thinking of buying the HP Photosmart 375 printer. This "dedicated"
>printer accepts a SanDisk memory card and produces 4X6 prints. If I
>buy Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing the SanDisk photos on my
>computer, can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk
>card (otherwise I can't print them on the HP 375).

Yes. Get a card reader and the card will look like any other removable disk
.... you can write files to it.
Related resources
December 7, 2004 7:08:09 PM

abresq@aol.com wrote in news:1102430936.332075.193430
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk

It *can* but it's probably a better idea to save them to your harddrive and
then copy them to the SanDisk, which will look just like any other disk to
your computer and all your programs.

Bob
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 1:52:07 AM

In article <1102430936.332075.193430@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
abresq@aol.com wrote:

> I'm thinking of buying the HP Photosmart 375 printer. This "dedicated"
> printer accepts a SanDisk memory card and produces 4X6 prints. If I
> buy Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing the SanDisk photos on my
> computer, can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk
> card (otherwise I can't print them on the HP 375). Thanks for the info!

Why not just connect the printer to your computer and print
directly from Photoshop? This will give you a lot more flexibility
than the method you proposed.
December 8, 2004 2:51:20 AM

abresq@aol.com wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying the HP Photosmart 375 printer. This "dedicated"
> printer accepts a SanDisk memory card and produces 4X6 prints. If I
> buy Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing the SanDisk photos on my
> computer, can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk
> card (otherwise I can't print them on the HP 375). Thanks for the info!

The HP Photosmart 375 printer can most certainly print from a PC (or a
Mac), via Photoshop, or any other imaging program (it has a USB port)

It can also print photos directly from all the major flash cards
(CompactFlash I & II, Smartmedia, SD, MMC, Memory Stick, XD) or directly
from Pictbridge-enabled cameras. So you *don't* need a PC to use it.

It's only "dedicated" in the sense that it's designed to print only 4x6
photos and is not a general-purpose office printer.

Regards,

Bill
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 9:15:33 AM

<abresq@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm thinking of buying the HP Photosmart 375 printer. This "dedicated"
> printer accepts a SanDisk memory card and produces 4X6 prints. If I
> buy Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing the SanDisk photos on my
> computer, can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk
> card (otherwise I can't print them on the HP 375). Thanks for the info!

Wouldn't it be easier to print directly from the computer to the printer?

Mark
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 3:47:00 AM

Kibo informs me that abresq@aol.com stated that:

>I'm thinking of buying the HP Photosmart 375 printer. This "dedicated"
>printer accepts a SanDisk memory card and produces 4X6 prints. If I
>buy Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing the SanDisk photos on my
>computer, can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk
>card (otherwise I can't print them on the HP 375). Thanks for the info!

The short answer is 'no'.

December 13, 2004 7:08:29 AM

I bought a card reader for my camera, and I've saved PhotoShop files
back to the (SmartMedia) card just like it was a hard drive. No, I
cannot view the changed photos in the camera, but They should be
available to print... I've taken the card up to WalMart and printed
them (AFTER explaining that the photos were edited with PS, and they
were not copies of professional portraits)

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:52:07 -0500, Shawn Hearn <srhi@comcast.net>
wrote:

>In article <1102430936.332075.193430@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> abresq@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of buying the HP Photosmart 375 printer. This "dedicated"
>> printer accepts a SanDisk memory card and produces 4X6 prints. If I
>> buy Adobe Photoshop for the purpose of editing the SanDisk photos on my
>> computer, can Adobe then save those edited photos back to the SanDisk
>> card (otherwise I can't print them on the HP 375). Thanks for the info!
>
>Why not just connect the printer to your computer and print
>directly from Photoshop? This will give you a lot more flexibility
>than the method you proposed.
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 1:08:56 PM

BC wrote:
> I bought a card reader for my camera, and I've saved PhotoShop files
> back to the (SmartMedia) card just like it was a hard drive. No, I
> cannot view the changed photos in the camera
[]

You could try converting your images with my TVwriter if you want to view
them for an in-camera slide-show.

http://www.satsignal.net => Image Utilities

Cheers,
David