Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Dual Channel
  • Memory
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 25, 2010 1:05:46 AM

Hey all,

I'm hoping one of you has seen this. Im running an i5-750 that I got in a bundle with a "Biostar T5XE CFX-SLI". I can not seem to get this to function properly with my Mushkin Blackline DDR 1600 RAM in Dual Channel. The instructions for the motherboard state that I have to use slots A1 and B1 to run dual channel. However, when I run my memory in said slots, I get lockups like crazy. I had a hell of a time trying to get windows to install. I have the timings all set to spec, (7-9-7-24) the voltage (1.65v), etc.

When I place the memory in lots B1 and B2, everything runs very stable, but I still feel like I need to have dual channel. The memory in question is Mushkin Blackline (996782) and I am current on the Biostar bios. I know this memory is good because it runs in dual mode like a champ in my AMD rig.

Any ideas?

More about : dual channel unstable

April 28, 2010 1:20:10 AM

anyone? bueller?
m
l
April 29, 2010 3:46:20 AM

For anyone that cares I ended up going with G.Skill DDR3 1600 CL7 and it works perfect. Mushkin is good memory, but G.Skill is the most compatible. Scores a 7.8 in Windows WEI and completes a 1M Super PI in 9 seconds. w00t!
m
l
!