Need advice to build a new gaming pc

Hi to everybody, this is my first post in this great community. Excuse me If you do not understand my english, because I'm from DR and my english is not so good.

I need help to build a new gaming PC that I will buy in USA, I only can buy in sites like Amazon and ebay, sites like newegg doesn't accept international buyers.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: in 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: ~550-600

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor, Case, Speakers, OS.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

This is what I found for now:

*Mobo ASRock M3A770DE

*XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770

*AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE

*Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB Sata II

*Sony Nec Optiarc DVD 24x

*Thermaltake TR2 500W PSU

*Verbatim Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Bundle (I use Dualshock2 controllers to play, I only want to play Crysis Warhead and COD:MW2 with Keyboard and mouse)

I can't find appropiate RAM.

What should I need to change from this list and what should I need to add?

Thanks for your answers.
--------------------------
Mortimer Echavarria.
10 answers Last reply
More about need advice build gaming
  1. CPU/Mobo: X4 635 and Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 $230 after rebate. A better CPU and a board that supports USB 3/SATA III and Crossfire.
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $119
    GPU: HD 4650 $30
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 500 GB $55
    Case/PSU: Antec 300 Illusion and Antec Earthwatts 650W $125. A better case and a higher quality PSU.
    Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $24

Total: $579
  2. What's with all this low powered video cards? I wouldn't want to get anything less than the HD 5770 right now...

CPU: X3 425 $70
    Mobo: MSI 760GM-E51 $70
    RAM: Crucial 2x1 GB 1333 mhz CAS Latency 9 $53
    GPU: HD 5770 $160
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 500 GB $55
    Case/PSU: Antec 300 Illusion and Earthwatts 430W $110
    Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $22

Total: $545
  3. MadAdmiral said:
    What's with all this low powered vidoe cards? I wouldn't want to get anything less than the HD 5770 right now...

Total: $545

I have a horrible confession to make ... requires a little bit of anecdotal elucidation ...

That build I posted was a cut-n-paste of one of MadAdmiral's builds (recognize the format?)

I forget why I did it (the time stamp will tell you) ... Either I was tired and trying to go to bed but I wanted to throw the OP some sort of bone (because thread was going to page#2, unanswered) ...

... Or ... I was leaving the house for a date, yesterday but .. I remember just looking for another gaming thread, with that budget and just clipped and pasted it ... mostly to just bump his thread, before I logged off.

I won't ask you to explain the differences if you don't ask me WHY I stole your build (Imitation is flattery?) ... I was in a hurry and tired and being a lil' bit lazy. ... That is not SOP, for me, as you know.

= Regards =
  4. FWIW ...

... I concur and LIKE the build you just posted MUCH better than the one I stole.

= Al =
  5. I think I know what that build is from... I believe it was for a very low budget, non-gaming, encoding build...
  6. Oh .. I think I was scrambling to log off and wanted to bat him back to top of page.

I just went down the page and saw "xBudget Game Build" or something. Prolly won't be doing much of that.

= Al =
  7. Thanks for your answers, but I can't buy from newegg :(
  8. Then find those parts from wherever you can buy from.
  9. Yeah ... we use newegg as our reference site because of the powerful database interface and the speed and user-features (like wish-list management, etc.) ...

... It might take us six times as long to grub around on untrusted sites and also risk the chance of picking up some mal-ware ... Sorry ... you are going to have to do that other stuff for yourself.

= Al =
  10. But ... I will suffer Tiger Direct ... As will many others.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product