Sign in with
Your question

Need advice to build a new gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
April 25, 2010 1:13:06 AM

Hi to everybody, this is my first post in this great community. Excuse me If you do not understand my english, because I'm from DR and my english is not so good.

I need help to build a new gaming PC that I will buy in USA, I only can buy in sites like Amazon and ebay, sites like newegg doesn't accept international buyers.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: in 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: ~550-600

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor, Case, Speakers, OS.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

This is what I found for now:

*Mobo ASRock M3A770DE

*XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770

*AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE

*Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB Sata II

*Sony Nec Optiarc DVD 24x

*Thermaltake TR2 500W PSU

*Verbatim Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Bundle (I use Dualshock2 controllers to play, I only want to play Crysis Warhead and COD:MW2 with Keyboard and mouse)

I can't find appropiate RAM.

What should I need to change from this list and what should I need to add?

Thanks for your answers.
--------------------------
Mortimer Echavarria.

More about : advice build gaming

April 26, 2010 1:29:04 AM

CPU/Mobo: X4 635 and Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 $230 after rebate. A better CPU and a board that supports USB 3/SATA III and Crossfire.
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $119
GPU: HD 4650 $30
HDD: Seagate 7200.12 500 GB $55
Case/PSU: Antec 300 Illusion and Antec Earthwatts 650W $125. A better case and a higher quality PSU.
Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $24

Total: $579
Related resources
April 26, 2010 5:53:49 PM

MadAdmiral said:
What's with all this low powered vidoe cards? I wouldn't want to get anything less than the HD 5770 right now...

Total: $545

I have a horrible confession to make ... requires a little bit of anecdotal elucidation ...

That build I posted was a cut-n-paste of one of MadAdmiral's builds (recognize the format?)

I forget why I did it (the time stamp will tell you) ... Either I was tired and trying to go to bed but I wanted to throw the OP some sort of bone (because thread was going to page#2, unanswered) ...

... Or ... I was leaving the house for a date, yesterday but .. I remember just looking for another gaming thread, with that budget and just clipped and pasted it ... mostly to just bump his thread, before I logged off.

I won't ask you to explain the differences if you don't ask me WHY I stole your build (Imitation is flattery?) ... I was in a hurry and tired and being a lil' bit lazy. ... That is not SOP, for me, as you know.

= Regards =
April 26, 2010 5:55:17 PM

FWIW ...

... I concur and LIKE the build you just posted MUCH better than the one I stole.

= Al =
April 26, 2010 7:00:13 PM

I think I know what that build is from... I believe it was for a very low budget, non-gaming, encoding build...
April 26, 2010 11:12:47 PM

Oh .. I think I was scrambling to log off and wanted to bat him back to top of page.

I just went down the page and saw "xBudget Game Build" or something. Prolly won't be doing much of that.

= Al =
April 27, 2010 1:01:17 PM

Thanks for your answers, but I can't buy from newegg :( 
April 27, 2010 1:22:02 PM

Then find those parts from wherever you can buy from.
April 27, 2010 5:29:57 PM

Yeah ... we use newegg as our reference site because of the powerful database interface and the speed and user-features (like wish-list management, etc.) ...

... It might take us six times as long to grub around on untrusted sites and also risk the chance of picking up some mal-ware ... Sorry ... you are going to have to do that other stuff for yourself.

= Al =
April 27, 2010 5:31:43 PM

But ... I will suffer Tiger Direct ... As will many others.
!