Inspiron 5150 screen went blank...

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 22, 2004 4:23:39 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 for over 8 months now. Recently, I
noticed that if I press down the area on the left hand side of the
touch pad (sometime just a ligh touch), the screen went blank and
there is nothing that I could do to get the system back.

Does this sound like a mechanical problem? Is there anything I could
do to fix the issue before calling Dell service?

Thanks,
Perry
September 23, 2004 9:46:44 AM

since you have only had it 8 months it is still under warranty call dell
"Perry" <perry_vo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 for over 8 months now. Recently, I
> noticed that if I press down the area on the left hand side of the
> touch pad (sometime just a ligh touch), the screen went blank and
> there is nothing that I could do to get the system back.
>
> Does this sound like a mechanical problem? Is there anything I could
> do to fix the issue before calling Dell service?
>
> Thanks,
> Perry
September 23, 2004 11:05:52 PM

My solution? Don't press there... :)

Seriously, if you were to crack it open and start playing around, you would
run the risk of voiding your warranty. So I'd just phone support.

Clint

"Perry" <perry_vo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 for over 8 months now. Recently, I
> noticed that if I press down the area on the left hand side of the
> touch pad (sometime just a ligh touch), the screen went blank and
> there is nothing that I could do to get the system back.
>
> Does this sound like a mechanical problem? Is there anything I could
> do to fix the issue before calling Dell service?
>
> Thanks,
> Perry
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 29, 2004 12:05:02 AM

Agreed! Let Dell fixit! ikenfixit, BUT its up to them. They have
Xl'nt CS! And they will take care of it..
!