(solved) Gigabte 890gpa-ud3h no boot or beeps

srryan1

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
iv got a phenom ii x6 2.8 ghz, 2 gb ddr3, corsair 620 watt ps.

i have both the 8 pin and 24 pin power connectors connected, keyboard mouse and monitor connected and when i turn it on all the fans come on but there is no screen or sound.

motherboard vers is 2.0

please help

Solution
Too bad you got a DOA board. I didn't have any problems with mine. I would send it back and get it fixed personally. Hope you have better luck with the ASUS board.

srryan1

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
every things new, this is a new build.

I took the motherboard out of the case and setup a bench test and with the ram removed it gives me 3 long beeps and one short beep and still no screen.
And with the ram installed it dont give any beeps and still a blank screen.

yes im using the onboard video.

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
What monitor connection are you using? Not that it should matter anyways but try using a different one. VGA/DVI/HDMI

Could be a bad ram. Did you try both sticks independently and in different slots? If stick 1 in slot one didn't work, try stick 2 in slot 2 just in case some bad RAM took out the slot. If it goes from beeps to silence, you probably need some different RAM. Beeping without it means it is working. With it installed, there should still be one beep. Do you have some extra memory or you know is good that you could test?

srryan1

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
all i have are vga monitors for now. i only have 1 stick of ddr3 ram i guess it want hurt to try another stick im using kingston maybe try a diffrent brand.

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
definitely try another stick of RAM. You're going to want more than 1GB anyways. I would recommend at least 4GB.

Kingston is a good brand. Also look at gskill, corsair, and crucial. All are quite good.

srryan1

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
the board says it supports 1866+ ddr3 but i got 1800 maybe that could be the problem? can you mix diffrent speed ddr3 becase no one in town here has ddr3 1800. and i really dont want to have to order online.

i thought this was going to be a fun project :(

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
The speed of your ram is set in the BIOS. Unless you manually set it to run faster, most likely it will run at 1333. That won't cause any problems however. It is just made to run up to 1800. As long as it is DDR3, it doesn't matter how fast it is. Good RAM is good RAM. Example: I am running my 1600MHz ram at 1566MHz right now with no problems. Give it a try and see if you get some video now.

If not, I would begin to think that the motherboard is bad. That would be a shame though because I love my board.

srryan1

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
okay got another stick of ram and still the same thing *** this pos board im ordering a Asus M4A89TD PRO. im not even going to RMA it i think the trash is a good place for it.