Sign in with
Your question

Technical Question

Last response: in Components
July 2, 2010 9:54:11 PM

I just put a Network card into my motherboard one thing that is worrying me is my network card is literally right up against my GTX 295 video card. Does anyone thing those 2 components being so close could cause a serious heating issue?? I can't put my network card anywhere else I could move my video card, but rather not. I would just take out the network card. What do you guys think??

More about : technical question

July 2, 2010 9:59:34 PM

I think unless you have poor airflow, or a heat problem already, you should be fine. As long as the network card isn't blocking the video card's fan.
m
l
July 2, 2010 10:02:26 PM

Nope fan is at the end of the video card and I have a lian li case with a ton of fans i think it is cooled pretty well the video card has some like rubber type material on it that came with the card so its not like components are rubbing together either.
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2010 10:04:17 PM

Have you installed it yet? Because you can always just set it up and see what happens. That's what I would do. If you have all that airflow I think you're fine.
m
l
July 3, 2010 3:34:59 AM

Yeah i am running my comp. now still with the network card installed but I havent fired up any games yet to get that vid card fired up.
m
l
July 3, 2010 5:53:51 AM

I should be fine just make sure that it's not blocking the gpu fan and it wont have any effect on it at all
m
l
July 7, 2010 5:53:34 PM

Thanks it's almost been a week now and doesn't seem to be having any issue at all spent a few hours gaming already also
m
l
July 7, 2010 11:10:21 PM

nate1554 said:
I just put a Network card into my motherboard one thing that is worrying me is my network card is literally right up against my GTX 295 video card. Does anyone thing those 2 components being so close could cause a serious heating issue?? I can't put my network card anywhere else I could move my video card, but rather not. I would just take out the network card. What do you guys think??

Hi
In a normal situation i dont think there will be a problem. but for your own satisfaction what u can do is that take out your network card and run your system, play games and do other stuff which u do with your computer normally and in the mean time monitor your gpu temps. then do the same with the network card on and monitor the temps. and compare them and also see if those temps with the network card on are seriously high or not. if not then go ahead. there will be no problem. u can also tell us your temps in both cases and we can tell u if they are dangerous or not. hope i helped.
m
l
!