V551 & Bluetooth

fred

I own a Motorola V551 cell phone. If I get a Bluetooth adaptor for my
laptop computer should be able to backup my contacts list with the software
that comes with the adaptor or will I have to buy Motorola's software?

Thanks... Fred

My experience with V551 and bluetooth is that it's very difficult to get to any files or features of the phone without using the
motorola drivers and applications. I've spent frustrating hours trying.

"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:w0T0e.6794$Z37.1580@lakeread06...
>I own a Motorola V551 cell phone. If I get a Bluetooth adaptor for my
> laptop computer should be able to backup my contacts list with the software
> that comes with the adaptor or will I have to buy Motorola's software?
>
> Thanks... Fred

I'm able to send contacts via Bluetooth from my PDA but I am not able to do
it with my laptop. Other files such as ringtones and games will transfer
from laptop to phone via Bluetooth.
"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I own a Motorola V551 cell phone. If I get a Bluetooth adaptor for my
> laptop computer should be able to backup my contacts list with the
> software
> that comes with the adaptor or will I have to buy Motorola's software?
>
> Thanks... Fred

fred

Can I send ringtones to my laptop (for archieve purposes) from the 551?

Fred

"O'Curran" <ocurran@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm able to send contacts via Bluetooth from my PDA but I am not able to
do
> it with my laptop. Other files such as ringtones and games will transfer
> from laptop to phone via Bluetooth.
> "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I own a Motorola V551 cell phone. If I get a Bluetooth adaptor for my
> > laptop computer should be able to backup my contacts list with the
> > software
> > that comes with the adaptor or will I have to buy Motorola's software?
> >
> > Thanks... Fred

Depends on what platform. On the mac it will work perfectly well with
the Bluetooth and OnSync software. If you want to use a usb data cable
it works with iSync.

Although MPT is buggy, it does work (somewhat) and you can do what you asked
for.
MG

"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I own a Motorola V551 cell phone. If I get a Bluetooth adaptor for my
> laptop computer should be able to backup my contacts list with the
> software
> that comes with the adaptor or will I have to buy Motorola's software?
>
> Thanks... Fred

On my v551, I got a bluegene bluetooth from newegg and was able to send
audio/video/mp3 back and forth using the sw it came with (OBEX folder).

It also works with MPT sometimes, (flakey).